Fuel Rod Portable charging batteries available now at WDW kiosks

wogwog

Original Poster
Portable charging batteries now available to Guests
07/01/2016

Kiosks that dispense portable charging batteries, allowing Guests to charge their mobile devices while continuing to experience Walt Disney World Resort now available.

Kiosks will be available at 10 select Walt Disney World Resort locations:

Magic Kingdom Park
  • Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.
  • Big Top Souvenirs
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
  • Curtain Call Collectibles
Epcot
  • Disney Traders
Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Celebrity 5 & 10
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
  • Island Mercantile
Disney Springs
  • Marketplace Disney Photo Imaging
  • DisneyQuest
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
  • ESPN Clubhouse Shop

Each portable charging battery set (pictured above) costs $30 and comes with the following:

• One (1) portable charging battery
  • One (1) 6" USB Type-A to micro-USB cable (for most Android devices)
  • One (1) Apple 30-pin to USB cable (for iPod, iPhone Gen 1-4)
  • One (1) Apple Lightning to USB cable (for Apple Gen 5+)

Nubs70

07/01/2016

Kiosks that dispense portable charging batteries, allowing Guests to charge their mobile devices while continuing to experience Walt Disney World Resort now available.

Magic Kingdom Park
  • Big Top Souvenirs
Epcot
  • Disney Traders
  • Celebrity 5 & 10
  • Island Mercantile
Disney Springs
  • DisneyQuest
  • ESPN Clubhouse Shop

Each portable charging battery set (pictured above) costs $30 and comes with the following:

These are Fuel Rods?

Sundown

This is a good idea. I was actually stunned that I couldn't buy a replacement charging cable for my iPhone at the Pop Century Hotel. I had packed TWO, but they actually both failed on me.

So, I had to use an Uber and drive to a local Walgreens to purchase a cable.

I would think Disney could make $ like crazy by selling cords with a Disney image on it in both the parks and resorts.

trr1

07/01/2016

Magic Kingdom Park
  • Big Top Souvenirs
Epcot
  • Disney Traders
  • Celebrity 5 & 10
  • Island Mercantile
Disney Springs
  • DisneyQuest
  • ESPN Clubhouse Shop

where is the picture

Polydweller

This is a good idea. I was actually stunned that I couldn't buy a replacement charging cable for my iPhone at the Pop Century Hotel. I had packed TWO, but they actually both failed on me.

So, I had to use an Uber and drive to a local Walgreens to purchase a cable.

I would think Disney could make $ like crazy by selling cords with a Disney image on it in both the parks and resorts.
Did you ask at the front desk? Hotels are constantly finding chargers and cables people leave behind. They usually have some they can give you if you ask.

wogwog

Original Poster
These are Fuel Rods?
My source says yes. She did not want to promote a particular product I guess. I am just passing on info I thought some phone and internet addicts would welcome. I personally still carry a flip phone and never even text. All my computer work is done at home in my office.

Nubs70

My source says yes. She did not want to promote a particular product I guess. I am just passing on info I thought some phone and internet addicts would welcome. I personally still carry a flip phone and never even text. All my computer work is done at home in my office.
Thought I saw a post a few weeks back stating it was Feul Rods. Anyhow, I was in Atlanta Intl on Monday and Feul Rods were selling for $20. Looks like a $10 WDW premium.

DisneyDebRob

A mophie is the answer for all your charging needs. Invest and enjoy. Don't know how I could get through the parks during fantasy football season without it.

G00fyDad

I suppose this is what they will look like. Hopefully Disney will have made an agreement with Fuel Rod to have Disney prints/images on these.

IMG_4907-338x450.jpg

MagicHappens1971

Apparently FuelRod sells them on their website and people are suggesting you buy them on their website for $20, and then you can exchange them at Disney, interesting.

HRHPrincessAriel

You can buy these all over the place for cheaper. I got a charger off amazon for under $20 that'll recharge my iphone 3 times.
Just even glancing now and lots for under $10

MagicHappens1971

You can buy these all over the place for cheaper. I got a charger off amazon for $20 that'll recharger my iphone 3 times.
I bought a charging case that'll keep my phone charged all day, I think this is more ideal for people who spend all day from park open - park close taking pictures, texting, posting on facebook, checking wait times. It's also great for APs because they can just go and grab a fully charged one. I wish Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. still had free lockers for you to leave your phone and charge it :(

HRHPrincessAriel

I bought a charging case that'll keep my phone charged all day, I think this is more ideal for people who spend all day from park open - park close taking pictures, texting, posting on facebook, checking wait times. It's also great for APs because they can just go and grab a fully charged one. I wish Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. still had free lockers for you to leave your phone and charge it :(
Which is exactly why I brought mine with me...

mimitchi33

I always brought these types of sticks to Disney with me, and they, along with the low power mode on my iPhone, helped a lot during my last trip there.

pilka214

So when it says free unlimited swapping, is that over the course of 24 hours, a week or a year? I always pack an extra battery with me, and as a local i visit often, if i could swap it out every visit for a newly charged one it's a neat perk.... possibly worth the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom