Fuel Rod Portable charging batteries available now at WDW kiosks

MagicHappens1971

So when it says free unlimited swapping, is that over the course of 24 hours, a week or a year? I always pack an extra battery with me, and as a local i visit often, if i could swap it out every visit for a newly charged one it's a neat perk.... possibly worth the price.
Forever it seems like

MagicHappens1971

Tomorrowland one
image.png

Thumper 32

You can buy these all over the place for cheaper. I got a charger off amazon for under $20 that'll recharge my iphone 3 times.
Just even glancing now and lots for under $10

I think you're missing the point. You're paying for the ability to change it out for a fully charged one, apparently for free and forever.

G00fyDad

so a product sold $20 is being sold for $30 at disney? typical i guess...

Supply and demand. Most people can't drive off property to get one of these. Since this is the only place to buy one they can charge whatever they want to for it. I just carry an extra battery for my Galaxy Note 4, but of course iPhone forbids you from doing that.

AEfx

Wow, people really need this type of thing regularly? I get it if you broke your charger or something, but are people really on these devices so constantly that they can't go to a theme park for a day without getting a recharge hit? At that point, I'd start to wonder why I paid thousands of bucks to go on vacation if I am just going to be staring at my damn phone the whole time, LOL.

Yensid71

Direct from their website....

Unlimited Swaps FREE for a fresh FuelRod™ as often as you need. It’s simple! Find a FuelRod SwapBox. Insert your empty FuelRod. Out pops afresh, fully charged FuelRod and you can go on about your business. It is that easy.

Rechargeable with any USB adapter. Simply plug the USB adapter into the FuelRod™, and plug into the wall to recharge it. The LED light will change from red to green when your FuelRod™ is fully charged.

Each FuelRod Includes:
  • Adapters for both Android and Apple devices that are yours to keep, at no additional charge.
  • The ability to be refueled (recharged) in any standard wall outlet.
  • The ability to be swapped (traded) for a fully fueled unit at little to no additional cost at any FuelRod SwapBox.

NeedMoreMickey

Wow, people really need this type of thing regularly? I get it if you broke your charger or something, but are people really on these devices so constantly that they can't go to a theme park for a day without getting a recharge hit? At that point, I'd start to wonder why I paid thousands of bucks to go on vacation if I am just going to be staring at my damn phone the whole time, LOL.
Fully charged at the start of the day but having the brightness turned up on the phone so my old eyes can see it in the sunshine, using it to check the time so we don't miss our FP or dining times. Plus a lot of people use their phones for pictures now instead of carrying a camera. Doesn't take long for the phone to die. I searched all over MK in March for a cord for an iPhone. We picked up the charger but lost the cord some time during the day. My niece end up asking a nice young man if she could borrow his cord while we were all watching the electric parade.

lazyboy97o

Disney has spent considerable sums to get people to use their smartphones as a key component of their visit to Walt Disney World. The poor reception and spotty Wi-Fi that seems to be common at all of the Central Florida theme parks can also easily drain a battery without significant use. Navigation and taking pictures are common functions long associated with the theme park experience which are now capable through a smartphone. One does not need to be spending the day consumed with something else to drain the battery.

Last edited:

draybook

Well, in all fairness, there are plenty of folks who can't go a whole day without puffing up. I agree with you. I try not to use my phone unless it's to take a photo/video or check the time/wait times.

Clamman73

One of my cameras can be charged via usb, so if I don't have an extra battery and/or my phone could use a boost, I usually carry a 10,000 mAh battery pack.

csmat99

Is anyone else concerned to have all these fully charged kiosks all around the parks? I know these are Lithium polymer and not ion but with everything going on I wouldn't think it would be that difficult tamper with one of the packs and put it back in machine. And as others have mentioned you can get a charging pack for 20 bucks that will charge your phone three times over and an ipad at least once on full charge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom