Port Orleans

goonsquads57

Original Poster
Just Curious...can anyone tell me if they've reopened port orleans, french quarter? We go to dw every year and always stay at pofq, except this last december, when we had to stay at coronado springs. I'm hoping that they don't start to think that it is a good idea to close it every year during the "off season" (when we happen to go). Any insight would be appreciated.

When we visited last May we stayed at POFQ and were impressed with the resort except for the food court which didn't offer much selection and was rather small. Of course, they had closed the restaurant after the merging with Dixie Landings. However in making a comment to one of the managers at the resort, we were told that the resort was going to close sometime in the near future because the merging made the resort worse and that they had planned a total rehab of the food court lobby. I guess that Sept. 11 just gave them the final rationale for closing it. If they are rehabbing the food court/lobby, then this will be such a fantastic resort! Does anyone know of any such construction/rehab work at the POFQ?

DisJosh

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
When we visited last May we stayed at POFQ and were impressed with the resort except for the food court which didn't offer much selection and was rather small. Of course, they had closed the restaurant after the merging with Dixie Landings. However in making a comment to one of the managers at the resort, we were told that the resort was going to close sometime in the near future because the merging made the resort worse and that they had planned a total rehab of the food court lobby. I guess that Sept. 11 just gave them the final rationale for closing it. If they are rehabbing the food court/lobby, then this will be such a fantastic resort! Does anyone know of any such construction/rehab work at the POFQ?

I love POFQ as is...if you want the best food court around just walk next store to POR (Dixie Landings) ang get something there. I think POFQ's lobby is beautiful as is and the food court really has the Mardi Gras feel to it. I'm also just fine w/ the food court b/c I'm one of those people who can live off of pizza and meatball grinders. lol :D Of ourse I dont do that in WDW b/c there are soo many great places to eat asside from the food courts!

goonsquads57

Original Poster
I agree with you, DisJosh. We like pofq exactly as is. It is the smallist resort on the property, and that's what we like about it. I also agree that the food court is fine, being that a person usually doesn't eat every meal there. The lobby at Christmastime is beautiful, and the sassagoula river adds even more appeal. It's great to be able to take a boat to Downtown Disney, if you so choose. As I said before, we stay there every year and after having to stay at another resort this past December, I really don't want to have to stay anywhere else. Thanks for the input.

Originally posted by DisJosh

I love POFQ as is...if you want the best food court around just walk next store to POR (Dixie Landings)

Just walk...are you nuts? And if I wanted the Riverside foodcourt then I would stay at Riverside. The thing is that POFQ is best except for its really crappy food court (size and selection onlyy not atmosphere). I hope this makes my views more clear. :D

goonsquads57

Original Poster
I'm not sure what they call the "food court" at Coronado Springs, and though it's not a "food court" per se, the food available there is not any better than pofq's food court, in my opinion. Sure, there is more variety, but I'm sure that only certain items appeal to certain people (everybody's not going to like everything). Therefore, you only have a limited number of options, as with pofq. As i said earlier, we would eat one meal a day there, if that, and the rest of the time we were out in one of the parks for the other meals. I still believe that pofq is far and away the best resort on the property (in the moderate category), even if the food court may be deficient. Peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom