Port Orleans Riverside

teenamw

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside in November. Will the pools still be open then? Is Boatright any good? Any suggestions on things to do there would be appreciated.

wannabeBelle

PO Riverside was lovely. I stayed there in late May. Boatwright's was awesome although I never made it for dinner, the breakfast was awesome. Fabulous food, great portions, and wonderful service. The pools in Disney are open year round and heated to 82 degrees. Also dont forget the hot tub over in Old Man Island!! Any specific questions, let me know and Ill try to help.

Upvote 0

kev9035

The Riverside

Riverside has to be one of the best places to stay on property. Early mornings or Late evenings, Riverside is always a very peaceful, quiet, & laid-back Disney Resort.

Boatwrights is great, for breakfast or dinner, and should the need arise, The Cotton Co-Op Food Court is there too, It's open early and closes late.

As for things to do, there's plenty. From just outside the check in / check out desk you can rent Surry Bikes or paddle boats (the area in which you can use these is small compared to say the BeachClub, but it is a fun adventure.) or If I remember correctly you can even fish off a small dock by the Pool. Near the pool, a playground for kids, and back by the main building, a pretty large arcade.

That's some things to do, I'm sure there is more. I have always enjoyed my stays there very much.

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

PO Riverside is beautiful. I have stayed there about 4 times. It's beautifully landscaped and a quiet atmosphere. Lots of open space. I would stay in this hotel rather than most of the delux resorts!

Upvote 0

Tink

You can get a really good Bloody Mary at the outside bar near the pool. I've had too many of them and can't remember the name of the bar. ;)

Upvote 0

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Kellylynn322
My fiance and I ate in Boatwrights in October. It was great. It was nice and quiet and afterwards we took the boat to Downtown Disney.

Make sure to rent the water sprites out of Pt. Orleans and go to Downtown Disney. It's about a 45 min trip. :)

Upvote 0

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

Make sure to rent the water sprites out of Pt. Orleans and go to Downtown Disney. It's about a 45 min trip. :)

Oh yeah.. and the food @ Boatwrights is AWESOME!!! =)

Unfortunately, the last time I stayed there, I came down with a terrible flu (101 degree fever, achy, sneezy, coughy). It had nothing to do with the resort -- it was just that I got sick at the wrong time. :(

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Don't forget the 'pralines' at the food court. It's the ONLY place at WDW you can get these! Try one of these when you go. You'll absolutely love POR! It's so beautiful and peaceful it's actually a shock in the a.m.'s when you realize that you're not the only one on site. ENJOY!

Upvote 0

jutz53

We have stayed at Riverside for the past five years, every May and will be there again May 2003. The resort, especially the Bayou is so beautiful and quiet, there are always ducks and rabbits walking the paths over to the cotton mill. There is so much to do it's almost a shame because you don't spend alot of time at the resort, bike rides, paddle boats, pontoons, the river taxi that takes you to Downtown, plus you can always take the walk to the French Quarter (especially early morning or late into the evening. They have great pools, hot tub at old man island, fishing hole, arcade for the kids next to the lobby in it's own area. The food at the Cotton Mill is great but don't miss a breakfast at Boatwrights. They have a stuffed banana french toast on a strawberry sauce base that will blow your mind, my husband always get's the all you can eat skillet and never is able to finish more than one and the price is so reasonable. Don't miss any of this as you can tell I miss it already. Have a wonderful time.
PS (To answer your question, the pools are open and heated).:lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by jutz53
We have stayed at Riverside for the past five years, every May and will be there again May 2003. The resort, especially the Bayou is so beautiful and quiet, there are always ducks and rabbits walking the paths over to the cotton mill. There is so much to do it's almost a shame because you don't spend alot of time at the resort, bike rides, paddle boats, pontoons, the river taxi that takes you to Downtown, plus you can always take the walk to the French Quarter (especially early morning or late into the evening. They have great pools, hot tub at old man island, fishing hole, arcade for the kids next to the lobby in it's own area. The food at the Cotton Mill is great but don't miss a breakfast at Boatwrights. They have a stuffed banana french toast on a strawberry sauce base that will blow your mind, my husband always get's the all you can eat skillet and never is able to finish more than one and the price is so reasonable. Don't miss any of this as you can tell I miss it already. Have a wonderful time.
PS (To answer your question, the pools are open and heated).:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget the waterslide in the area, as well. Of course, this is where you see alot of the "youngins", but hey.. who cares.. you're a "youngin" too when you're at disney :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Jutz I have to agree with you on the Banana stuffed french toast!!! Is that amazing or what??? My mouth is still watering for more as I got up the nerve to try it on my last morning of my trip in May. Well pretty much needless to say, In October PO Riverside, here I come!!! and this time I Am bringing my Mom who would just be so blown away by the beautiful landscaping. Who knows I can just see Mom by the fishing hole with a cane pole and explaining to the Cast members that she shouldnt have to throw back the fish after she caught them!!!! Just point her towards the kitchen and we will be having fish for dinner!!! OH MY!!!!

Upvote 0

Lance

Stayed at French Quarter last August and went to Boatwrights one night, all I can say is don't get the Filet Migonne, it was about 1/4 thick, waste of 28 bucks, I will never go there again, I'd rather get chicken strips or a hot dog in the POR food court.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

In my heart it will always be Dixie, but then again I have said that enough already.

For the price it is the best resort at WDW and it is so beautiful and romantic and yet a great place for famlies too. The food court is the best in all of WDW. You will love it.

Upvote 0

Walt148

We are planing a trip for late feb. 2003 - early March 2003. We are planning to stay PO Riverside. Is all of it open, because I think part of it closed for a little while.

Last time I went I stayed at PO French Quarter and one morning went to eat at POR food court. That food court is the best food court I have been in on Disney Property.:)

Upvote 0

2827tigger

We stayed at POR last November (Thanksgiving week) and going back again this year. It is by far the best of the moderate hotels! The landscaping is beautiful. Kids loved the pools, bikes, and arcade. The boat to Downtown Disney was closed at that time. Checked in the Sat. before Thanksgiving and waited in line over one hour to check-in. Because of this we were afraid the hotel would be too crowded but it never felt crowded, very peaceful and relaxing. Also, the fall discounts just came out. We are staying Thanksgiving week for only $85.00 a night.

Upvote 0

janetinpa

water sprites

:veryconfu
There was a post way back about water sprites. What are water sprites? How do you get to Downtown Disney with them?

Whoo hooo P O R 9/23-9/30:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom