Port Orleans Riverside vs. Coronado Springs

Steve Pfanenstiel

Original Poster
I've booked a room for 8 nights at Port Orleans Riverside for $2650 in late April 2019. Just found I can book a room at Coronado Springs for $2290. A $360 savings. Is it worth it to switch? Which is nicer? Has better bus service to the parks? Better pool area?

yaksplat

I'd consider the two dead even. But right now there's construction going on at Coronado Springs. Both of them are large and can result in long walks to the pool or for food. POR has more quiet pools which will be close.

mhaftman7

I had a really bad experience at POR, so I’m blinded by that. If you don’t mind the construction, CSR is very nice. To me, I wouldn’t care about the construction and save the $360.

bhg469

Theyre both very good for their own reasons but like others have said, CSR has construction. It shouldnt get in your way much at all but it is there. They have my favorite QS location in the pepper market (just make sure you take your food to go to avoid the added charge) The transportation has always been very good to me as well. POR was a really really nice place, easily my second favorite but the cost savings can be applied to make your vacation more fun in other ways. A nice meal maybe take the family on a run through the VOID at disney springs. It was an unforgettable experience.

LeighM

Riverside is my favorite resort but we stayed at Coronado Springs in March because of a great discount. I thought the buses at CSR were better than Riverside and I loved the renovated rooms but I preferred the theme, atmosphere, and food at POR. I would stay at CSR again but I will always consider Riverside my home at WDW. I thought the pool at CSR had more sun than the main pool at POR and the hot tub at CSR is much larger than that at Riverside.

yaksplat

I had a really bad experience at POR, so I’m blinded by that. If you don’t mind the construction, CSR is very nice. To me, I wouldn’t care about the construction and save the $360.
So, what was the experience? Mine was an extremely long walk to go get a drink.

mhaftman7

Wow. It was week long of me abusing the word “really”. Family reunion. Only 20 people, but asked travel agent (last time I used a travel agent too) to block off the appropriate number of rooms on the ground floor due to my MIL, needing an ECV. “No problem” I got. Of all the buildings on property, there wasn’t one that had that ability. So my MIL, stubborn as a mule parked her ECV under the stairs every night, I believe there was an outlet close by to charge it and have everyone assist her up the steps. My kids, nieces and nephews, and random children on the walk way were almost run over daily by cast members with luggage or maintenance trams driving too fast. When we checked into our room, there was an odor. I traced it to the mini fridge leaking. The maintenance cast member proceeded to tell us it was because we had over filled it for too long. I said that we just arrived and we hadn’t put anything in it. The floor was wet and that’s what was causing the odor. I’m not a complainer, so I didn’t call about it until like the fourth day and explained to someone at the desk. I didn’t even it get the customary apology. It was just let me look into it and they never called back or anything.

Mark Dunne

I've booked a room for 8 nights at Port Orleans Riverside for $2650 in late April 2019. Just found I can book a room at Coronado Springs for $2290. A $360 savings. Is it worth it to switch? Which is nicer? Has better bus service to the parks? Better pool area?
I really don’t think construction is an issue,there already nearly compete and we stayed at pop century a month ago, and they said construction ongoing, didn’t effect our stay one bit, but my wife and I have booked CS next sept it looks lovely there, and Disney always states it won’t effect the operation of the resort , so I’d save money and spend it in the parks Lol

JohnD

Depends on what you're looking for. Both have approx 4 bus depots so that's a wash. POR has boat access to Disney Springs while CSR doesn't. If boat access isn't a concern, I'd go with CSR for the savings. I think most of the construction will be done by the time of your trip. Choose Casitas or Cabanas for close access to El Centro and the main bus depot.

correcaminos

I really like both resorts. I honestly waver back and forth on which one is better - like ask me each day and I might have a different answer. So for a savings of that amount, I'd go to CSR and be happy :)

HouCuseChickie

Honestly, I think some is just personal preferences with theme. I prefer the theme at CSR so I like the vibe there better. We also had horrible beds when we stayed at POR, so that makes it hard for me to say it's a draw. On the flip side, if Disney Springs is in your plan, I might risk a bad bed for the convenience of the boat to DS. Then again, with the savings, you could use that for personal transportation...not quite as magical as the boat, but faster and individual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom