Port Orleans Riverside to the Magic Kingdom

Kita79

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside and knows long it will take to get to the Magic Kingdom from there.:veryconfu.:confused:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Depending on what bus stop you catch the but at ( Riverside has 4) the trip can be anywhere from about 10-20 minutes once you board a bus. The general rule of thumb is to allow for an hour to get anywhere in WDW when using Disney transportation.

Upvote 0

durangojim

We stayed there in Sept 09 and vowed never again because of the bus sitution. We waited 45min-1 hour one morning for a bus to MK that wasn't full enough for us to get on and eventually had to take a cab (the first time for that). My experience probably differs from many, but it was consistently bad that trip and something we didn't want to experience ever again.

Upvote 0

Kita79

Original Poster
I want to make sure we can get there on time for morning extra magic hours during our vacation at the end of October. I don't mind walking and my DD will have her jogging stroller. Would it be better for us to walk to the French Quarter and catch the bus there? We are staying in one of the Royal Guest room will be either Oak Manor, Paterre.

Upvote 0

stuart

The buses run from 1 1/2 hours before park opening and the Average time between front gates and MK is 12 to 15 minutes so you should be there in plenty time - so long as you get up early enough for the bus!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I want to make sure we can get there on time for morning extra magic hours during our vacation in October. I don't mind walking and my DD will have her jogging stroller. Would it be better for us to walk to the French Quarter and catch the bus there?

From what I understand, French Quarter and Riverside share buses for most of the day, except during very "busy times." More info here: http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php. Perhaps a cast member can tell you at check-in whether this is also true first thing in the morning, or whether Riverside has its own buses then.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I want to make sure we can get there on time for morning extra magic hours during our vacation at the end of October. I don't mind walking and my DD will have her jogging stroller. Would it be better for us to walk to the French Quarter and catch the bus there? We are staying in one of the Royal Guest room will be either Oak Manor, Paterre.
No. French Quarter does no always have a dedicated bus system. It will pull through Riverside from time to time. As long as you plan for a hour of travel time you should be fine no matter where you catch a bus at.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Stay put.

No need to walk to FQ.Sorry for Durangojim about that wait,:eek:Never ever had to wait more than 20 mins for a bus and that's in July and stayed at PORS in previous visits for 28 nights.:wave:

Upvote 0

Kita79

Original Poster
Thats good to know. Thanks everybody for the advice. 167 days til our first trip. We are so excited. I think I maybe more excited than she is and she is four:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
A suggestion...on the dates that you really want to get to a park at a certain time, you can always take a cab. For example, DH and I will be there in September and we are planning on taking a cab on two days, just b/c we don't want to mess around with the buses.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

The busses at Port Orleans are usually a hit or miss. Both time I've stayed at POR and POFQ, we never shared busses the whole week and both times were slower times of the year the week before thanksgiving. But then I hear other stories of how bad they were. I do know that if they do share, FQ gets picked up and dropped off first. You should be okay as long as you allow yourself a good amount of time to get anywhere on property.

I must say that I did notice that the bus ride from POR and FQ was very short to MK. The location of these resorts is great.. not too far from any of the parks, with the exception of AK of course.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

If you use the main bus stop, you won't usually wait more than 15 minutes for a bus. In the mornings, there is usually someone from transportation there to keep an eye on the waits. After you get on the bus, it's about a 15-20 minute bus ride. If you are going for EMH, you shouldn't have to wait long.

Also, I have been to PORS the last 3 years, twice in Sept. and once in May, and have only shared with POFQ during the non busy times.

Hint: If you stay to close at MK, the bus line for PORS is usually much longer than POFQ. There lines are adjacent to each other. Take the POFQ bus and you will get to your room much faster. Once you get to FQ, you can explore the resort a bit and boat ride or walk to RS.

Upvote 0

stuart

A suggestion...on the dates that you really want to get to a park at a certain time, you can always take a cab. For example, DH and I will be there in September and we are planning on taking a cab on two days, just b/c we don't want to mess around with the buses.

Remember, that if you are going to MK by taxi, you'll be taken to the TTC, so your best bet is to ask for the Contemporary and then walk from there.

Upvote 0

Kita79

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I really will not be carrying cash on me so the taxi is out unless I go to an ATM. I will take my chances with the bus.:wave::cool:

Upvote 0

stuart

Thanks everyone. I really will not be carrying cash on me so the taxi is out unless I go to an ATM. I will take my chances with the bus.:wave::cool:

From experience, of going in the first couple weeks of July, we've never had a problem with the buses - so long as you leave yourself enough time to get where you want - so you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom