Port Orleans - Riverside! Tell me what you love! (Please.)

Keppyslinger

Hello one and all!
This October my wife and I are returning to the World for our 5th stay, but it is extra special as we are bringing the girls with us for the first time. The girls are 8 and 5. The trip was not planned except we got an offer from Wyndham which we decided we would take. Our initial stay was set for the Coronado Springs resort but due to airline pricing we bumped things to a day earlier, and that wasn’t an option at Coronado Springs.
Now we have switched to the Port Orleans - Riverside, a new resort for us and I am wondering what you like about it?
I would also love to know anything you consider a negative as well, then I am prepared.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do you mean Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter? There is no French Quarter Riverside. The resorts are adjacent to each other (within walking distance) but theme and amenities are different.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

POFQ we stayed in May with the granddaughters and they loved the pool. It's one of the smaller resorts which I like and has its own bus stop -- one stop only straight from the resort to the park and the same going back. Now which one did you book POFQ or POR?

Upvote 0

Keppyslinger

Original Poster
Do you mean Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter? There is no French Quarter Riverside. The resorts are adjacent to each other (within walking distance) but theme and amenities are different.
Bah thank you. See I know nothing!
Port Orleans Riverside.
Can I edit the title of my post?

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Bah thank you. See I know nothing!
Port Orleans Riverside.
Can I edit the title of my post?

I love Riverside, it is stunning.

The only negative I can think of for Riverside is the size, rooms can be really far away from the lobby and pool areas. However the resort is so stunning that the walk is very scenic and relaxing. If i'm not mistaken there are also multiple bus stops to the parks around the resort so you don't have to walk all the way to the lobby area to get the bus (I have not used the bus there so I am not 100% sure).

The resort has some fun paid activities like fishing and a horse-drawn carriage ride; as well as activities included with your stay hosted by Disney recreation. Some of my favorites are the movies under the stars, campfire with marshmallows and trivia on Tuesdays.

There is a sit down restaurant, a lounge and a quick service restaurant on site, so that is convenient. Plus, French Quarter is a short walk/boat ride away and you can always visit their quick service location for more food options (and beignets!). In the River Roost lounge you can also catch the famous Yehaa Bob show (highly recommend) he is a hoot and can entertain adults and children alike. Check the website for his show days and hours.

The main pool is well themed and is a decent size with a slide, but when I went it was so crowded I could not enjoy it very much, they do have "quiet" pools spread around the different buildings too which might be more enjoyable.

Another pro is the boat ride to Disney Springs which is convenient when you want to go there for more food or shopping options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom