Port Orleans or Cornado Springs

bdearl41

My wife and I are heading down next October for the Halloween Party and also the International Food Festival. Which of these two hotels would you recommend, or should we forego the moderate resorts and stay at Pop Century?

luv

Theme aside, the moderates are really not that different.

I much prefer the food court at POR, but like the looks of the buildings at CSR. I love the AB rooms, but am not a fan of the mansion ones. CSR rooms are kind of blah since the re-do, but they have the thick door between the bath area and beds. POR has a curtain there. CSR has a much, much better water view. POR has Yeehaw Bob.

It's all a toss up and really depends on what you prefer. Check out the pics on allears and see which one is pulling you.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You really can not go wrong either way. Port Orleans has just been completely redone so the rooms are around a year old or less. The water transportation to DTD is also a big plus as is Yee Haw Bob in the lounge. I do however love Coronado especially if you are traveling without kids. While it is a big resort you can ealk frm the farthest point to the lobby in around 10 minutes. The exterior decor is very beautiful and the rooms have an elegant, less is more feel to them. Coronado also has its own night club and the food at the food court and table service restaurant is a bit more on the exotic side.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. In 2013, they will also offer club level rooms.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

KJ1081

Tough call! We did a split stay at RS (magnolia Bend) and FQ (Building 5) last year and we tried CS (Cabanas, with upgraded access to Business Club) this year. We spent about 4 nights at each resort, each stay around the beginning of May. You honestly can't go wrong with any of them.

CS was the quietest of the 3, but there were 2 conventions during our stay so we did have a LOT of drunk business people and cheer coaches hanging around Laguna and the beach. There was one small drunken fight on the beach one evening, but it was broken up by security very quickly. The rooms have the same toiletries as the Deluxe resorts, and the bedding seems to be of higher quality than the other moderates. The transportation was FANTASTIC- only stood on the bus twice, and we stayed for parades/fireworks. We didn't try the food court because we had access to the lounge and they served a continental breakfast and appetizers throughout the day so we had no need.

RS seemed to be a bit more crowded than FQ, but it's a larger resort and the family size also tends to be larger because the AB rooms can sleep 5. FQ is tiny, which makes it very peaceful and charming. The horse and carriages that walk through the resorts really add to the atmosphere. Transportation was wonderful! You have the option of taking either bus at the end of the night, because the 2 are such an easy walk from each other. We just hopped in line for whichever resort had the shortest line. This is also true for the boats from DTD- RS always had a very long line, but the line for FQ was nonexistent, so we took the boat to FQ and waked to RS. The downside is that the 2 often share transportation, so it takes a bit longer to get to/from the parks. The food court at RS is larger with more selections but the Beignets and FQ are amazing! RS has YeeHaw Bob (who you MUST see- great show), but you could always walk there from FQ.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I enjoyed my stay at POFQ. It is a nice motel with some great theming. For a similar price tag, I would stay at the Dolphin for F&W. Proximity is everything to me,

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I prefer Port Orleans.. FQ is my favorite, with Riverside close in 2nd! But the rooms that I like the most since renovating, has got to be CSR! They did a great job with the rooms there.. they look really nice.

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

We agree that POR & CSR are a toss-up. They each have they're pluses. POR has an edge with boat to DTD, great main pool, nice quiet pool, wonderful food court, carraige ride and a nice stroll to POFQ. You' ll have a good time no matter which you choose after all you're on vacation in WDW!

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Stayed once at POFQ and loved it,just back from PORS which was our 3rd stay,really loved it.Always at Mansion blds.awesome,renovated and sweet. As far as Yee Haw Bobbie.Not even going there.

Yes, Hatter is right. So many things to love about POR. The theming, the grounds, the food court is wonderful, the water taxi to DTD is worth it right there and the rooms are really quite nice. Coronado just seemed so spread out and the landscaping was not as lush and beautiful as POR.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've stayed at all 3 you've mentioned and I prefer Coronado to POR. We had better experiences with the buses and the pool theme was amazing! I honestly even perfer the Pop to POR. And since we don't spend a lot of time in our rooms I would go with Pop and save some of the $$$ to spend on my pins.

Upvote 0

bdearl41

Original Poster
My wife and i decided to stay at Port Orleans, well because she liked it more, and shes the boss. I think the water taxi to DTD is pretty great and a good selling point. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I considered moving to Corando Springs after a room issue at POFQ(they did not have it ready 8 hours after we tried to check in), to the point we drove over there and walked the grounds. Glad I did not move, too forever to walk anywhere, fromt he lobby to the pool was at least a 15 min walk with my little one and I could only imagine if you were in one of the far off rooms. After the room issue, which was resolved(we were given a water view) I eneded up loving POFQ, we honestly had maybe the furthest room from the lobby and it still was only a 5 min walk or so.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom