Port Orleans French Quarter Vs Coronado Springs

Minnie10

Original Poster
Hi
New to this forum. It has been 3 years since we first went to Disney on our first trip and stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, which we thought was fantastic.
We are now looking again and notice Port Orleans seems to have increased in price and better value to stay at Coronado Springs.
Can anyone help us compare these two hotels?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
So excited that we could go again :)
Emma

DisneyWall-E

I have never stayed at CS but I hear that if you get a room that is far away from the lobby it is a looong walk to the bus stops. So perhaps if you pay for a preferred room that would be better.
POFQ is my favorite resort so if you liked the small cozy size of it you will not get that at CS.

real mad hatter

I would cast my vote for CS :)p@real mad hatter).It may not have the boats and beignets (you can get the latter all over property).But it does have a quieter appeal.The walk to the bus stops isn't that far or to the main lobby from the furthest part of the resort unless you are terminally lazy.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..Whit!!! Lazy? At Disney,that word doesn't exist..:p

Minnie10

Original Poster
Thanks, I was reading another thread about the comparrisons and I'm not sure whether I was put off CS and now started to look at Caribbean Beach which looks amazing. My son will be 11 so I was thinking 6 pools could be fun?!?! Haha, I really liked POFQ, the only thing I didn't really rate was the food :( I'm presuming if we have the Disney dining plan the food will be very similar no matter which resort we stay at?

emcclay

CSR. The grounds are beautiful. It really has the atmosphere of a deluxe resort. Plus, you get privacy doors instead of curtains to block off the bathroom from the bedroom. Pepper Market is fantastic for breakfast!

LucyK

I never stayed anywhere else but I'm a huge POFQ fan. I'd pay a bit more to have everything so close to me and not having to worry about multiple bus stops and the chance you'll need to wait for the next bus because the last one was full when it got to your stop.

copcarguyp71

CSR is our favorite. The resort is beautiful, you get deluxe resort shampoos, actual doors between the bathroom and bedroom (curtains in the rest of the mods), the pool is second only to Stormalong Bay at BC IMO, the grounds are beautiful for a morning stroll, no shared busses and there are four bus stops around the resort so the walks to the bus stops are pretty reasonable. The service of the staff was great and definitely rates up there with deluxes.

We have stayed at POFQ and CS but CS is the only resort (including deluxes) that we are going back for a second visit to. Everyone has their own tastes of course but for us between the two we would chose CSR hands down.

copcarguyp71

If you have stayed at POFQ you will be VERY disappointed with CS...I'm just saying from personal experience. Once you have experienced the convenience of POFQ, it is very hard to enjoy a huge spread out multiple-bus stop resort like CS, CBR, POR, etc....

Now see...we are just the opposite...switched from POFQ to CSR and will never go back. We found the pool lackluster and the food court good on food quality but poor on ambiance at POFQ. Plus, the amenities at CSR seemed better to us..Different strokes for different folks!

When we stayed at POFQ we shared busses with POR and it took forever to get anywhere or get back home with all those stops. Maybe they vary the bus service dependant on crowd levels but we got stuck with all of the POR stops as well...

emcclay

POFQ has those scary faces hanging up in their food court. Talk about giving someone the creeps- while they are trying to enjoy a meal! Pepper Market is so cute and the food is consistently delicious.

Avenger117

I have never stayed at POFQ but I have spent some time there. Its small and its nice. But I think I would pick Coronado Springs, it can be a long walk back to the building but its a really pretty resort. Its got great theming, good food, and the pools are great too.

WellFedDave

POFQ is a no brainer when comparing to the rest of the moderates. Only drawback is the limited amenties. That being said, the superior bus services, boat transfers to Downtown Disney, and ease of navigation through the resort trumps all the negatives.

RedBaron

I have not stayed at CSR, but was thinking about it since the pool looked really nice. I was talking about it with a friend of mine who stayed here, ans she did like this resort, but said that at the end of the day, it is a really long hike to anything. She had stayed here with a friend and the friend was ready to throw all of her souvenirs into the lake at the end of the day since she did not feel like carrying them anymore. I personally do not want to put up with a long haul to my room when I am tired, so POFQ all the way for me.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
if you've read some other threads you'll see that POFQ has a LOT of fans around here, me included.
PORS is also an amazing resort.

I think you'll find a few fans of CRS as well, with many people calling it as close to a Deluxe without being a Deluxe.
Only draw back..spread out and it's a big convention resort.

If you're thinking CBR that's where I would chime in and tell you 'stay away' Again that's just my opinion, but I guess you're asking for them so...haha.

If you want more details you can check some of my other 'rants' on CBR. Not a fan.

wdwstateofmind

Thanks, I was reading another thread about the comparrisons and I'm not sure whether I was put off CS and now started to look at Caribbean Beach which looks amazing. My son will be 11 so I was thinking 6 pools could be fun?!?! Haha, I really liked POFQ, the only thing I didn't really rate was the food :( I'm presuming if we have the Disney dining plan the food will be very similar no matter which resort we stay at?
CBR is the most run down of them all to be honest...I've stayed at all the moderates and CSR is by far the nicest and most comfortable of them all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom