Port Orleans French Quarter-Get me MORE excited!!!

mf1972

we’ve stayed there 2 years in a row & going back again this october. they did a good job updating the rooms last year. more comfortable bedding & more areas to charge your electronics.
pretty good food court. i’ll also say yes to the mickey beignets, but the baguette french toast was a win for me. battered & deep fried topped with cinnamon sugar...🤤.
it is a small, compact resort. surprisingly quiet at night too. well kept grounds & having the boat transportation to disney springs is a bonus.
enjoy your trip!

here’s the french toast i mentioned

amy11401

We went in October and loved it. We liked that it is small and quaint....nothing was very far. It is also a pretty resort. We loved having the boat ride to Disney Springs....we went there 3 times on our trip. The freestyle machines were convenient. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were recently refurbished. We plan to go back to WDW in 2022 or 2023 and are trying decide if we want to try out another resort or stay there again since we liked it so much.

huis14

The Port Orleans Resorts are the way to go, period. You can walk back and forth between Riverside and French Quarter, and the boat to Disney Springs is so relaxing. I love it. My family is too big for French Quarter so we have to stay at Riverside, but we always walk over at least once. You're gonna have a great time.

Last edited:

MichiganDisneyDad4

Original Poster
we’ve stayed there 2 years in a row & going back again this october. they did a good job updating the rooms last year. more comfortable bedding & more areas to charge your electronics.
pretty good food court. i’ll also say yes to the mickey beignets, but the baguette french toast was a win for me. battered & deep fried topped with cinnamon sugar...🤤.
it is a small, compact resort. surprisingly quiet at night too. well kept grounds & having the boat transportation to disney springs is a bonus.
enjoy your trip!
View attachment 353796
here’s the french toast i mentioned
This looks fantastic!!!!!!

Disney Ron

I'll tell you how much we love it. We stayed there for the first time last year and loved it. This year we were booked at another moderate with Free Dining, but just this morning, we decided to cancel Free Dining and pay for the dining plan just so we could return to POFQ this August. That's how much we love it.

John park hopper

Will be staying at POFQ May 5-12, son and daughter-in-law and granddaughters 4 and 6 years old will arrive on May 8-12. We stayed many many years ago when it was called Dixie Landing. Please do a trip report

katieee

we’re heading to french quarter 28th april-12th may 😀 ive been to disney 15 times but haven’t been to french quarter since my first visit in 1996 (age 7). makes it more special as we now have a toddler and a 6 month old and it will be the babies first trip! i was pregnant with him last year on that trip which was also our honeymoon 😍

wannabeBelle

Jason and Billy at Scat Cat's lounge are my favorite part of this resort, although it is definitely a great place to stay. Small resort so not a long walk to anything. Great pool area and of course the boats to Disney Springs. Add in a sit down restaurant for breakfast and dinner and it would be perfect!! Marie

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Is the foodcourt open 24 hours to have access to the freestyle coke machines?
They are in the food court seating area but they do not lock the doors or have a gate like they do at the values.
I am currently at POFQ. The hours for Sassagoola Floatworks (food court) are 6 am - midnight daily. The doors are locked when the last guest leaves, so there is no 24/7 access to the beverage station.

Dutch Inn '76

Best part of PO? The small footprint and the boat to Disney Springs. Worst part? The cheezy rooms that come along with it being a moderate. The landscaping, etc, is remarkably good despite the rooms.

All of the rooms at WDW are overpriced and I get it, it's a resort. But at least at the Deluxes you're getting a nice room to go with your fleecing. At the Moderates, you're paying a lot for what should be a $100 room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom