Port Orleans French Quarter-Get me MORE excited!!!

MichiganDisneyDad4

Original Poster
This will be our 3rd time in 8 years heading down to WDW, but our first at a Moderate. We have either stayed off property or at All-Star Movies. We go in April and are CRAZY EXCITED to be staying at POFQ. Tell me why you love it so! Or tell me why you tried it and said "Meh, nothing special."

POFC is now our favorite moderate resort. On our last visit, we were in building four on the first floor and our room overlooked the courtyard where nightly movies were held. We were extremely close to the food court, main pool and transportation. It is a slow paced resort, and this makes for a relaxing time when not in the parks. The carriage ride also passed by our room. The beignets are icing on the cake. Have a magical time!

MissingDisney

It was our “home” resort for years...quiet, laid back, smaller, one bus stop....but since they eliminated FQ from most promotions, we’ve ventured out, which has been nice, but we still prefer it to the others.

Pluto89

This resort is Perfect!! We stayed here last time and it was our first Moderate and do not regret it one bit! Love the quiet scenery and the small footprint. Boat transportation to Disney Springs is very relaxing and the resort very easy to navigate and the staff is incredible. The one negative I will say is there is only one bus depot and it gets kinda crazy first thing in the morning. One big plus that’s different from All-Stars is the 24 hour freestyle machines for the rapid refill mugs. Hope you enjoy and have just as much fun as we did.

Mickey shaped world

This resort is Perfect!! We stayed here last time and it was our first Moderate and do not regret it one bit! Love the quiet scenery and the small footprint. Boat transportation to Disney Springs is very relaxing and the resort very easy to navigate and the staff is incredible. The one negative I will say is there is only one bus depot and it gets kinda crazy first thing in the morning. One big plus that’s different from All-Stars is the 24 hour freestyle machines for the rapid refill mugs. Hope you enjoy and have just as much fun as we did.

Is the foodcourt open 24 hours to have access to the freestyle coke machines?

MissingDisney

They are in the food court seating area but they do not lock the doors or have a gate like they do at the values.
We did not find that to be the case. During our last visit, the doors were locked and the “gate” pulled closed over the opening shortly after closing each night. They had someone directing people to exit out a regular door and secured it behind them so others couldn’t come in. It’s a great perk if available but I wouldn’t count on it every night just to be sure. 353304

Skibum1970

We stayed there a year ago. The rooms were updated and were well appointed. Clean and fresh. The room was also very quiet and we didn't have any issues with noise at all. While we love PORS, POFQ has a more cozy feel. While it is plenty big, the resort isn't as spread out as PORS. Plus, we walked to PORS whenever we felt like it. FQ has a nice gift shop but we weren't all that crazy about the food court. That is probably just us. The bus service was always nice and reliable. The landscaping was very pretty with fountains and flowers. The pool looked nice but we didn't use it. It's also nice to walk next to the "river" in the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom