Port Orleans - French Quarter...first time staying on Disney

Chip off the Dale

Original Poster
Good day all...Port Orleans - French Quarter...first time staying on Disney...by myself...tips/advice/suggestions for resort and traveling around?
been for years with fam but just looking for new advice or ideas!?!?!?

Sbk1234

I don't have any particular advice, per se, other than have a blast. Solo trips can be the BEST at Disney. Just do exactly what you want with no guilt. Get up when you want, set your own schedule and to do list. Eat where you want, when you want. Stop when you want. You get the idea.

Port Orleans French Quarter is a wonderful hotel. (We stayed there on our honeymoon nearly 26 years ago.) It's full of charm and beauty. Be sure to take time to explore and enjoy the grounds. Walk to Port Orleans Riverside. Maybe take a horse drawn carriage ride.

Make sure you make a trip report when you get back with lots and lots of photos.

Mireille

Premium Member
I really liked it, I had a room with a view of the river the time I stayed there. Something I enjoyed was that they have a 5k race that you can sign up for on Sunday mornings that offers a lovely tour of both Port Orleans resorts. (I forget how much it cost... it wasn't much.) I got beads and a "medal" and a free order of Mickey beignets for participating. It's at like 7am, but I'm an early riser and a rope dropper that rarely lasts until fireworks, so it wasn't hard to do it and still get to a park by rope drop. I think I stayed there in early May so it may have been later park opening times.

And take the boats to Disney Springs if you can! It's not a SUPER useful transportation option, but it's a nice ride.

mf1972

my wife & i have stayed there a few times & it’s become a favorite of ours. as mentioned, the grounds are nice if you’re up for exploring the resort. the same for riverside if you chose to walk over there. the theming is spot on. of course there the beignets, & u can try some of their other foods such as gumbo & jambalaya. it’s also worth taking the boat to disney springs. it’s a very relaxing mode of transport. have a good time.

Raxel7851

Going to jump on the POFQ bandwagon as well. We were there 2 weeks ago for 8 days and also 10 days over Christmas. It’s been our Fav resort for quite a few years. Food Court, busses, boat to DS, walk at night to POR. Try to get a room further from the pool. It gets a little noisy at times. We’ve stayed in Bldgs 1, 5, & 7. If you’ve reserved a King, you’ll most likely get a corner room. Enjoy your trip.

Chip off the Dale

Original Poster
I don't have any particular advice, per se, other than have a blast. Solo trips can be the BEST at Disney. Just do exactly what you want with no guilt. Get up when you want, set your own schedule and to do list. Eat where you want, when you want. Stop when you want. You get the idea.

Port Orleans French Quarter is a wonderful hotel. (We stayed there on our honeymoon nearly 26 years ago.) It's full of charm and beauty. Be sure to take time to explore and enjoy the grounds. Walk to Port Orleans Riverside. Maybe take a horse drawn carriage ride.

Make sure you make a trip report when you get back with lots and lots of photos.
so excited about by myself to ramble...i thought this place looked cool but not overwhelming with people....hope it works out!! thanks for advice! hoping the bus craziness as this resort seems to be a better drop off

Last edited:

Chip off the Dale

Original Poster
Here now. First solo trip and its amazing. Have stayed here many times over the years but first time solo.

This is one of the best places and resorts on property. Nothing is far away. The BEST busses. Better mug refill stations. Cozy. Boat transportation. It's like being in a little Hallmark movie village. You should absolutely LOVE it!!
excited even more now...thanks for tips!

SamandplanningUK

You can catch the boat to Riverside/Disney Springs, it's so wonderfully relaxing to take this ride in the evenings when going out for dinner, with the sun setting, the glittering lights of the Springs, one of my favourite memories :)
The buses are great from here and there's rarely a big queue.
The music is great in the lobby!

JIMINYCR

POFQ is our resort when we go moderate instead of Deluxe. Beignets are to die for, have them with the flavored toppings. The food court isn’t the greatest for options so we go to PORS at times for a better selection of meals. You can eat in or order and do take out. The walking path takes about 10 min and is a very peaceful stroll. The boats are convenient to take you to DS giving you a look at the treehouse villas on the way. And theres entertainment at both POFQ and PORS in the evenings.

Mireille

Premium Member
excited even more now...thanks for tips!
I didn't even notice the info about a solo trip initially. I've made numerous week-long solo trips to WDW and I've always had a good time. You can do everything in your own time, take advantage of the (far too uncommon) single rider lines, talk to strangers in line, get in a long line or skip a ride you don't care much for altogether without worrying about anyone being disappointed! It's my preferred way to travel! I'm actually mixing it up and treating my mom to a trip this fall so it'll be interesting to actually experience it with company for the first time in 17 or 18 years. Have fun!

mf1972

there’s also the boozy beignets off the lobby & food court. u get to inject certain alcohols of your choice into the beignet. haven’t tried them as of yet. always full when we come back at the end of the night.

jmc28

Perfectly compact resort. Just returned from my first stay there. It was nice to be a maximum 5 minute walk from pool/lobby/busses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom