Port Orleans French Quarter Customer Service

Cameron1529

Original Poster
I am staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter until Saturday. Upon checking in today the staff were extremely pushy when taking my bags and extremely unhelpful and rude at the front desk when checking in. Has anyone had this type of experience at this particular resort?? Is this becomeing an increasing problem across all Disney resorts??

Starlight67

I was there last week--the staff wasn't rude or unhelpful, but they were working with a skeleton crew on the front desk at check in. (This was about 1pm on Monday Jan. 8th). The line was all the way out to the the foyer...they only had two staff working (and sometimes one as the second staffer disappeared to the back for a good chunk of time.) At one point a manager/suit type walked out to the line and assured the group that we would all be assisted soon. But his concept of 'soon' seemed a bit faulty to me. I don't want to exaggerate how long we waited...though it seemed like 3 hours :eek:. In actuality it was about 45 mins. Things change of course, but I remember when I first started staying at this resort years ago there always seemed to be like 6 employees working the front desk. IDK, maybe I am just remembering with rose colored glasses...

I purposely didn't do online check-in because read some mixed reviews on it here. But I think next time i will. As a side note I did get a text when the room was ready, my other family members didn't. They asked an employee about it and he told them that a text doesn't ALWAYS get sent, that they should just go to the room and scan the band as it was probably ready. They did and it was, we'll know next time just to do this rather than waiting for a text that may or may not come.

Minnie Mum

OPs descriptions of his encounters are too vague to comment on. How were the luggage services guys pushy? In what way was the front desk CM rude and extremely unhelpful? We've stayed at POFQ numerous times and have always had pleasant and helpful interactions with the staff. Now, our experiences with the front desk staff at POR were much closer to the OPs description.

We always arrive early in the morning, so haven't encountered any long lines to check in.

Weather_Lady

We've not always had stellar service from everybody at WDW, but "front desk people" at the resorts have always been terrific to us. I don't doubt the OP's description of their experience, but I wouldn't be concerned that this is a widespread problem. I think suspect OP's experience was the exception rather than the rule.

JIMINYCR

Weve never had a bad encounter with check ins or with bag handling. We avoid online check ins because I'd rather have a more personal encounter upon check in and weve never experienced an extremely long wait with check in lines when weve arrived. If you arrived just after a DME arrived that could have contributed to a longer wait and overburdened front desk. There should have been more personnel available to help with check ins but it appears you just caught them when staff was unavailable (out for lunch?? ) If he was a manager, I would have thought he would have taken a spot at the desk to help out.

Rob562

We've stayed at POFQ numerous times and have always had pleasant and helpful interactions with the staff. Now, our experiences with the front desk staff at POR were much closer to the OPs description.

FYI, Riverside and French Quarter are run as one business unit, so its Cast Members are interchangeable between the two resorts. The two front desks are staffed from the same group of CM's.

-Rob

Starlight67

Weve never had a bad encounter with check ins or with bag handling. We avoid online check ins because I'd rather have a more personal encounter upon check in and weve never experienced an extremely long wait with check in lines when weve arrived. If you arrived just after a DME arrived that could have contributed to a longer wait and overburdened front desk. There should have been more personnel available to help with check ins but it appears you just caught them when staff was unavailable (out for lunch?? ) If he was a manager, I would have thought he would have taken a spot at the desk to help out.

Haha-yeah that's what I thought. I was kinda like 'thanks manager guy for giving us a heads up that 'someone will be with us soon' but why don't you take a spot at the desk???' :cool: :D But yes, this was right when Magical Express arrived and was lunch hour which probably factored into it.

unclechip

This seems to be an isolated incident. Our family hasn't had issues at this resort. It seems detail is lacking in this retelling, if possible, reply with further detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom