POR royal rooms

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
So we on a whim decided to book for next spring break and we book a POR royal room.

We have never been to the resort but know a ton about it from you guys!

But what is special about the Royal Rooms? We booked a pool view. Was this a bad choice? We only have sons but we are diehard disney fans!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The difference is the decore. You can check out pictures here.

I tend to avoid pool views. You have no balcony so the "view" is not really observable and it can make for a long night if you get a loud group of people in the pool.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
The difference is the decore. You can check out pictures here.

I tend to avoid pool views. You have no balcony so the "view" is not really observable and it can make for a long night if you get a loud group of people in the pool.
Oh really! I didn't think of that. Any suggestions on which class of room to pick?

Bowler Hat Girl

Oh really! I didn't think of that. Any suggestions on which class of room to pick?
I stayed garden view in a royal room in May. It wasn't far from the river (and by extension, the main building) or the parking lot if you have a car. It also wasn't far from the quiet pool. I would definitely stay in that category again!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anything but pool is typically ok. The thing about "views" at the moderate resorts is you never really get to view them. You do have a balcony to hang out on and enjoy it so why pay extra for it.

tare

We have stayed there a few times. I always request preferred never alligator and I don't really care for a specific view as long as in on the first floor. The theme and decor of the total rooms are nice I just wouldn't pay the extra$$

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have stayed in a Royal Room twice, both times standard view (cheapest) and were very pleased. Short walks to pool, bus depot, main building and parking lot. As Master Yoda mentioned, views at the moderate resorts are not worth paying extra for, unless you enjoy sitting on the bed looking out through the blinds of the small window.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Never stayed in the Royal rooms but they look pretty cool. I did stay in Alligator Bayou and loved it it really made me feel like I was in the deep south, our room was a corner room that overlooked the quiet pool We didn't have any problems with noise from the pool and it was really handy being that close.

PUSH

The difference is the decor. It's not my personal taste, so I wouldn't dish out extra cash for it. I usually stick with garden views. It's cheaper, and away from people... which I like for a room. However, I've never had a long walk. Also, I always stay in mansion rooms.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. I think I may switch the category of royal room. We are going a couple of times this year so I am looking forward to seeing different hotels!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom