POR or POFQ?

JohnD

Original Poster
I currently have a resort reservation for Garden View in POFQ from December 9-13. Holiday rates for passholders were just posted but the availability is limited. There is availability for a Preferred Room in POR for approx $142 less. Should I switch? Or keep POFQ?

DarthVader

Sith Lord
POFQ is smaller and only has a single bus, and that's one of the advantages. The food court is smaller (at least it was when I was at POR), and the pool is also smaller. If you have kids, I think they may like POR better.

erasure fan1

We all like riverside better. The kids like the pool more and I think the food court is better at riverside as well. I personally also like the look and feel of riverside better.

JohnD

Original Poster
We all like riverside better. The kids like the pool more and I think the food court is better at riverside as well. I personally also like the look and feel of riverside better.

No kids. I do like Alligator Bayou better than Magnolia Plantation, though. I'm seriously debating it. In addition to being $142 less, it gets me below the $1,000 threshhold ($1,093 POFQ vs. $951.76 POR) and still has boat access to DS.

Last edited:

J_Krafty24

If it we're me I would go with POFQ because of it being a smaller resort with only one bus stop and the availability of bienets for breakfast.

JohnD

Original Poster
If it we're me I would go with POFQ because of it being a smaller resort with only one bus stop and the availability of bienets for breakfast.

LOL! Thanks. Good point. But saving $142 was too good to pass up. I switched to POR. Now no rooms are available at POFQ! Go figure. I could really save and switch to Pop Century right now ($630 vs. $951) but haven't stayed anywhere in PO for some time. So keeping POR.

David Marshall

We've stayed at POFQ now twice and enjoyed it. Smallest of the moderate resorts, but that's what we liked about it! They are in the process of updating all the rooms. New paint, installing wood floors, new mattresses and flat screen TV's on the wall

LeighM

I love both resorts. I actually didn't like the locations of the preferred rooms at Riverside. Yes, they are closer to the main lobby and food court but the South Depot outside of the lobby is often the last bus stop for the theme parks. The West Depot is first and that's where I request a room. But I would still switch for the $100 savings - that's money that can go to more purchases or dining :D

JohnD

Original Poster
I love both resorts. I actually didn't like the locations of the preferred rooms at Riverside. Yes, they are closer to the main lobby and food court but the South Depot outside of the lobby is often the last bus stop for the theme parks. The West Depot is first and that's where I request a room. But I would still switch for the $100 savings - that's money that can go to more purchases or dining :D

Yep. That's why I switched. Like I said before, I could really save and switch to Pop Century but I haven't stayed anywhere in PO in years.

daisyduckie

I'm debating the same thing, and I still can't decide. I would like to save the money, but I like the idea of a smaller resort. Such a tough choice!

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm debating the same thing, and I still can't decide. I would like to save the money, but I like the idea of a smaller resort. Such a tough choice!

I almost kept POFQ. But remembered Alligator Bayou at POR. Those rooms feel just as small anyway. So I bit the bullet and went for the cost savings. Don’t blame you if you settle on POFQ anyway.

Brer Fox

So I've always heard that the bus is better at FQ due to it only having one bus stop which I understand. But are the buses less crowded at FQ than RS?

Jambo Joe

So I've always heard that the bus is better at FQ due to it only having one bus stop which I understand. But are the buses less crowded at FQ than RS?
Yes. We have stayed at both several times. FQ bus lines are reasonable. The resort is much smaller and compact. Riverside is just much larger with four internal stops. If you are near West stop in Alligator Bayou you will get a seat but it’s a bit of a haul to get yo the main pool and food court. South stop more convenient for food court but the buses are often crowded.

bunnyman

All I can say is that we just came back from POR last week, and we were in Alligator Bayou building #25. It was a ¾ of a mile walk roundtrip from our room to the food court. Also, the day after we arrived the quite pool adjacent to our building began demolition. Have been staying there since Dixie Landings days in 1993, and it is still one of my favorite resorts, unless you get put in one of the outlying buildings like we had last week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom