Popular rides/attractions you've (intentionally) never experienced

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I've been fortunate enough to have visited Walt Disney World many times in my life. I am an avid supporter of DisneyParks. I've been to shareholder meetings. I read multiple Disney blogs and I post on Disney forums. Clearly, I've bought in.

Despite my fervor, there are rides and attractions at WDW that I've never experienced, though I've certainly had numerous opportunities to do so. For whatever reason, I've never felt a pull towards them and as a result I've always chosen to do other things.

I have never seen Country Bear Jamboree. I have never been on Astro Orbiter. (And yet, I somehow found time to end up on Alien Encounter and Stitch more than once.)

Which popular rides or attractions have you skipped that would have people questioning your sanity?

eliza61nyc

Never been to Tom Sawyer Island and never saw the country Bear Jamboree. Never done Tower of terror although that's by choice, I don't like violent motion rides but my family loves it.

lol I figure I'll keep going until I've experienced every thing at least once.

awoogala

Lots of things I have done once, and never, ever again- Tomorrowland speedway, Mission Space, Fantasmic
Lots of things I've done more than once, but tend to avoid: Space Mtn., Thunder Mtn., Astro Orbiter, teacups, primeval whirl, dumbo, Aladdin...
Things I have never done- hmm-
Never did Stitch (did aliens, many, many years ago), or the Disney playhouse show, or the Beauty and the Beast show at H.S.(yet, keep meaning to), The newer Beauty and the Beast experience in Fantasyland (keep meaning to), Jedi training or star wars show at h.s., and I've never stepped inside the Grand Floridian.
I usually like to give every ride/experience a chance at least once. ( although there are plenty of things I skip after trying)

Janir

Never did Country Bear Jamboree , but mostly due to just not doing much on shows.
Water rides of any sort. Hate having wet shoes and shorts. May be rectifying these lacks soon. I have water shoes to swap out and some swim trunks to swap one day in a park. Just going to have to make a priority to just go see Country Bear Jamboree.

aliceismad

I've never done ToT. I can handle everything else, coasters, etc., but drop rides aren't for me. Part of me wants to do it once just for the experience, but I have a feeling I'd be so concerned about the eventual drop that I couldn't enjoy it.

Fable McCloud

I've never made it to Country Bear Jamboree or Tom Sawyer Island. Mostly due to plain old forgetting. I prioritize some attractions because of how busy or how nostalgic they are, and by the time I realize I'd skipped those again, I'm home lol.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Never done Tower of terror although that's by choice, I don't like violent motion rides but my family loves it.
I've never done ToT. I can handle everything else, coasters, etc., but drop rides aren't for me. Part of me wants to do it once just for the experience, but I have a feeling I'd be so concerned about the eventual drop that I couldn't enjoy it.

If it's of any comfort, ToT makes it very apparent when you're about to initially drop (or ascend). It's way more than a simple drop attraction and really not all that intense.

Mission Breakout on the other hand.. that will probably make you sick. And I don't mean for the thematic integrity that I constantly share my dismay for; the entire time you're on MB, it's bouncing up and down without stopping.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Monster's Inc. because I have severe stage fright and have fears of being called on to talk in any given situation. I don't want to be pointed out in a crowd. Lame I know, but that is just me.

Do they call out / pick on the audience? Like turtle talk with crush? We were supposed to do this on our last visit but couldn't find the time.

KBLovedDisney

I have the same fear and finally worked up the courage to go the last trip we went. Show starts and giant spotlight shines down on me and I'm the 1-eyed guy the whole show. We have Hoop Dee Doo booked for our next trip and I feel the same way about that.
Hoop Dee Doo isn't bad at all. We've done that one twice. They don't pick random people out in the crowd to speak in front of everyone, and there is a part where people who want to participate can.

You will enjoy it, especially the food!:hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom