Popular Ice Cream Chain Ample Hills Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

NelleBelle

I never went to the pre-reno BnC (frankly, didn't even know they had a renovation) until this thread. I appreciate theming and have always heard good things about BnC. It certainly was always hard to get an ADR. We finally got an ADR and after reading some of the posts, unintentional or not, one can definitely be made to feel like part of the ongoing problem with lack of theming by dining here. I guess there's sharing an opinion but then there's arguing it to what end? To encourage people NOT to go there because poor theming?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I never went to the pre-reno BnC (frankly, didn't even know they had a renovation) until this thread. I appreciate theming and have always heard good things about BnC. It certainly was always hard to get an ADR. We finally got an ADR and after reading some of the posts, unintentional or not, one can definitely be made to feel like part of the ongoing problem with lack of theming by dining here. I guess there's sharing an opinion but then there's arguing it to what end? To encourage people NOT to go there because poor theming?

So they can horde all the Tomato bisque and grill cheese sandwiches for themselves! :D

Bocabear

The original restaurant theming was very light and whimsical... Not terribly thematic...but evocative...The new version has a lot less and is more like a cafeteria....It is not terrible...I don't think anyone suggests it is, it is just not as intimate and special as the first iteration of the restaurant. It would not have been difficult to have made it feel more special... but they chose not to. Like they are doing all across the resort...reducing the amount of detail and storytelling...
I am sure it is cheaper to do less, but when people are paying absolute premium for everything they are going to hit a tipping point...
Some think they have hit it... Not by this one restaurant renovation, but by the resort-wide changes...I guess we will have to wait and see, but I am certainly not encouraged.

Rambozo

Yep, the diner feel is completely gone with the new renovation. It just looks like an average, boring, regular room with cute pictures. But if the food is the reason you're going there then it's still a good option.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I wish it wasn't. I'm not a huge ice cream person but Jeni's is something I would seek out. SO GOOD.
Jeni’s is very good. I think you’ll find salt and straw just as good. They both rate way over Ample Hills in my book.

Oh fun fact - if it’s the same agreement as California expect to see “non-Disney” looks from the salt and straw scoopers.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Jeni’s is very good. I think you’ll find salt and straw just as good. They both rate way over Ample Hills in my book.

Oh fun fact - if it’s the same agreement as California expect to see “non-Disney” looks from the salt and straw scoopers.
Good to know, I've never had salt and straw, so I for sure try it.

Just curious, what does "non-Disney looks mean?

Magic Feather

In general, I believe that most Springs retailers are not subject to Disney Look.

jt04

Love Ghirardelli but Disney Springs could use another dedicated ice cream venue. And competition is always good for the customers. 🍨

Kevin_W

I wish it wasn't. I'm not a huge ice cream person but Jeni's is something I would seek out. SO GOOD.

I think Jeni's is a bit overrated (and quite overpriced) and I'm not sure how they survived the Listeria recall and associated shutdown. (I'm sure that listeria problem tainted my view of the company.)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I think Jeni's is a bit overrated (and quite overpriced) and I'm not sure how they survived the Listeria recall and associated shutdown. (I'm sure that listeria problem tainted my view of the company.)
True. Like I said I am not the person to go to for ice cream recommendations :D

I didn't even hear about that listeria recall. We usually only get ice cream or gelato at Epcot for some reason. We did enjoy Italy's gelato. 👍

jt04

True. Like I said I am not the person to go to for ice cream recommendations :D

I didn't even hear about that listeria recall. We usually only get ice cream or gelato at Epcot for some reason. We did enjoy Italy's gelato. 👍

A gelato on the beach in Gela in July. Priceless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom