Pop with free dining or Caribbean Beach / Coronado without free dining?

Bojangles83

Original Poster
Moderate resort without free dining would be about $300 more than pop with free dining.

I've factored in cost of food for moderate stay.

I've never stayed on property so all resorts are new to me. It will be just me and my girlfriend going.

We'll be spending 2 non park days enjoying whichever property we stay at.

Ease to get to all parks, food, pool,room and "lack of noise" in the room" are all things I'm factoring into the decision.

Opinions?

nickys

Premium Member
The moderates will have better pools, with water slides. The rooms will likely be quieter. CSR will have rooms with indoor halls in the tower, but those will be more expensive.

POP and CBR will have the Skyliner, depending on when you’ll be going (officially still opening “Fall”). CBR dining has just been revamped. At POP you can walk to AoA for their food court, but there are no TS restaurants at either.

Personally I’d go with CBR.

Greg H

Moderate resort without free dining would be about $300 more than pop with free dining.

I've factored in cost of food for moderate stay.

I've never stayed on property so all resorts are new to me. It will be just me and my girlfriend going.

We'll be spending 2 non park days enjoying whichever property we stay at.

Ease to get to all parks, food, pool,room and "lack of noise" in the room" are all things I'm factoring into the decision.

Opinions?

We have stayed at all three spots and I would say CB and CSR are really nice resorts. You have a table service restaurant at both and both have really nice pools and grounds. There is more of an internal bus system at both as well though so depending on where you are staying within each resort you may have several stops before even getting off the resort and heading to the park. I have not stayed at POP since the rooms have been redone but I think the pictures look really nice. They have a more central bus system as well where everyone meets at the same place and lines up and goes direct (most of the time) to the parks. We found CB and CSR more quiet versus POP. For me, just comparing resorts, I would likely pick one of the moderates over POP; however, FD can be a really great discount if you are committed to getting max value out of it... Given though that it is only two of you going it is worth less. If it was a reasonable room only discount (e.g., 15-20%) I would likely go with the moderate, especially given you are planning on two full resort days. This way you could also try and score a discount set of park tickets.

Dave B

We have stayed at all and I would say take the free dining and go with POP. Since the remodel POP is very nice, we rarely eat Table service at our hotel unless we are staying at Monorail resorts. The TS at both Coronado and Caribbean are not special. Now I will agree the pools are better at the moderates with water slides and hot tubs, I think the food court is better at POP. I would also think about upgrading the free dining that comes with POP from the QS dining plan to the regular dining plan, its worth it to us, we will do a take service every night and enjoy a great dinner after a lot of walking and it refuels us for the rest of the evening

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom