Pop Warner is here!!!

FireChiefGoofy

DW and I just got back to PORS from EPCOT to find about 300 Pop Warner football players and cheerleaders checking in the Main Lobby :eek:!!! Needless to say we didn't stick around to hit the bar and watch some football.

As a big fan of PORS it is always interesting to see what different groups will do to try and maintain discipline within their own ranks. The following appears in a memo dated September 2010 to All Pop Warner Officers and was included in the 2010 Super Bowl Guide. http://www.popwarner.com/10superbowl/2010SBManual.pdf

"We’ve had serious behavior problems at past Pop Warner Super Bowls at WALT DISNEY WORLD. This note puts you and your participants, young & old, players & coaches, parents & fans on notice that such problems have not been tolerated in the past, and certainly will not be tolerated this year. Sanctions will be swift, and will not be appealable. Every Pop Warner Association is accountable for its players, cheerleaders, coaches, administrators, parents and others from your area at all Regional and National events. Any incidents of unacceptable behavior from any person(s) affiliated in any way with your Association can mean:
- An immediate ejection from the Pop Warner Super Bowl events and WALT DISNEY WORLD property. THE ENTIRE TEAM/SQUAD ROOM BLOCK, WHICH INCLUDES EVERYONE BOOKED WITH THE TEAM, even families and friends, MAY BE EVICTED, AND MAY FORFEIT HOTEL AND OTHER DEPOSITS. The TEAM/SQUAD will be responsible for any alernative lodging off property and revised air reservations/ ticket payments as those shall not be the responsibility of Pop Warner or Walt Disney World.
- Possible lifetime ban from Disney World.

I've been on property quite a few times in the past during PW and behavior has varied from year-to-year. Let's hope a good time is had by all in 2010.

Upvote 0

NedFlanders

Had the misfortune of being in a resort where they were once... The days prior to their arrival were nice, once they arrived it was utter hell to try and sleep, never have I experienced so much noise when I was trying to sleep at night.

Good luck, and if it is bad the first night try to get yourself moved or switched to another hotel... it wont get any better until they leave. It was worse than the Brazilian groups in my opinion.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A year ago at this time we were at WDW and book at the All Stars. When we checked in we were given a free upgrade to the Beach Club because they needed the room for the Pop Warner group. It was the best ever! We didn't run into any large groups of kids at the parks either.

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

As a big fan of PORS it is always interesting to see what different groups will do to try and maintain discipline within their own ranks. The following appears in a memo dated September 2010 to All Pop Warner Officers and was included in the 2010 Super Bowl Guide. http://www.popwarner.com/10superbowl/2010SBManual.pdf

"We’ve had serious behavior problems at past Pop Warner Super Bowls at WALT DISNEY WORLD. This note puts you and your participants, young & old, players & coaches, parents & fans on notice that such problems have not been tolerated in the past, and certainly will not be tolerated this year. Sanctions will be swift, and will not be appealable. Every Pop Warner Association is accountable for its players, cheerleaders, coaches, administrators, parents and others from your area at all Regional and National events. Any incidents of unacceptable behavior from any person(s) affiliated in any way with your Association can mean:
- An immediate ejection from the Pop Warner Super Bowl events and WALT DISNEY WORLD property. THE ENTIRE TEAM/SQUAD ROOM BLOCK, WHICH INCLUDES EVERYONE BOOKED WITH THE TEAM, even families and friends, MAY BE EVICTED, AND MAY FORFEIT HOTEL AND OTHER DEPOSITS. The TEAM/SQUAD will be responsible for any alernative lodging off property and revised air reservations/ ticket payments as those shall not be the responsibility of Pop Warner or Walt Disney World.
- Possible lifetime ban from Disney World.

I've been on property quite a few times in the past during PW and behavior has varied from year-to-year. Let's hope a good time is had by all in 2010.

I was there the year of the huge fight and previous years before that when I stayed at Pop. This was after about 5 years of it getting worse and worse, that I finally gave up staying at Pop or any values that time of the year. But they spill over into every hotel but the Deluxe.

Preferred rooms at Pop meant you got to listen to 10 year olds running up and down the halls with the f-word coming out every other word...at midnight! Banging on windows and flipping chairs over. Where were the coaches and parents? Sitting on coolers after they closed the bar. It was a disgrace. It was obvious that this was the first time some of these kids were ever out of a inner city environment. I had the misfortune of running into them in mass one year at DHS. Between the constant cheers you have to hear in line all day and kids running around all day completely unsupervised, you just want to leave to go to another park. I saw a group of kids taking turns trying to spit on peoples backs as they walked by and see if they could get away with it.

I know they all aren't like that and its a shame to lump them all into one group. But after years of seeing WDW do nothing about it, I changed my yearly trip up one more week. I would normally be there this time of the year, but instead will leave this Friday.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

A year ago at this time we were at WDW and book at the All Stars. When we checked in we were given a free upgrade to the Beach Club because they needed the room for the Pop Warner group. It was the best ever! We didn't run into any large groups of kids at the parks either.

Excellent! That's always nice and you got to not only enjoy a deluxe resort but got away from the mayhem of Pop Warner. Win-Win!!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

rie

Pop Warner

We were at the All Star Sports a few years ago. It was great until the Pop Warner group checked in.

They were banging on doors all hours of the night. The grounds were full of trash and a lot of the plants were destroyed.

When we went to talk to the manager and told him about the noise and that we had seen a fight, his response was "which one."

He did move us to the All Star Movies.

Before I make a reservation for this time of year I check to see when Pop Warner will be there.

Upvote 0

ryanduggers

We are arriving at WDW Friday Dec 10th ,Anyone no when they will be=:lol: give me a L-E-A-V-I-N-G?:ROFLOL:

They leave on Saturday and Sunday. We enjoy watching them leave.

We arrive at PORS on Friday night. The only time they bothered us is at the main pool on Saturday. They get a little obnxious.

We always plan to be there rhe week after they leave. It is dead empty.:xmas:

Upvote 0

tecowdw

They leave on Saturday and Sunday. We enjoy watching them leave.

We arrive at PORS on Friday night. The only time they bothered us is at the main pool on Saturday. They get a little obnxious.

We always plan to be there rhe week after they leave. It is dead empty.:xmas:

This year I decided to also go the week after Pop Warner. Glad I did as I've done enough years with them there the same time I am.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom