POP prices in March - whew!

The_Jobu

I booked a week at Pop in 2021. Terrible rate, but its a placeholder. If a promotion comes along I'll update my reservation, if it doesn't, I'll just cancel.

Club Cooloholic

Disney reminds me of going to a department store. They mark up the prices to have sales later, so some people will say, "Oooh, a sale!" when the mark-down price is in the neighborhood of what I would actually be willing to spend.
Kohls department store has digital price tags because they change the prices so much before the big sales! I always say, if you aren't using a coupon or getting something on "sale" there you are being swindled.

Schweino

Original Poster
Well with the new discount, prices went down for sure
Yeah - not sure the 'historical' pricing but the Pop rates discounted are the same rate I am paying 11/27-12/5. Not sure what to think of it. Also - nice to see All Star Movies!

LovePop

Pop's prices are very steep anymore, thanks to the Skyliner. I remember 6 years ago, I got a preferred room for $95 per night, on sale. Those days are gone. Pop is getting so expensive that I am moving to CBR because the price difference is only $30 a night, and I might as well move to a moderate if I have to pay that much. CBR is also rising rapidly, but even they are not rising as fast as Pop. Pop is starting to act like it's a moderate, but it isn't.

Parker in NYC

The Skyliner does not make it easier to get to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs or the water parks.

It does not improve or substantially add to the quality of the accommodations, existing resort amenities or resort service.

It's a better way to get to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but does not justify the obvious price gouging here.
I continue to hate the Skyliner and what it's done to pricing here. These rates are a great example of Disney's continued disconnect with humanity right now.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

If people buy, and theres no problems selling, is it really a disconnect?
I would be willing to wager most are buying at that price with the hope that there will be a promotion that drops the price significantly (i know that's what I did). I'll be curious to see how many people cancel their trips during a given time period where no discount/incentive is offered.

TK294

I think its $137 now, not bad for 6 years later
Yeah, that is about what we are paying for a Little Mermaid studio at Art of Animation next week. It is more than we would like to pay, but we did not want to use any DVC points on this short trip. We just want a break from this depressing New Jersey weather, so to us the price is somewhat reasonable.

NeverEnufDisney

Disney is employing a strategy of displaying a big price and then doing discounts so that they end up with the revenue they wanted in the first place. For those that don't use the discounts, well that's figured in as well. I started to see this after Disney recovered from 9/11 and it's only gotten worse, IMHO. I'm an annual passholder and yes I wait for the discounts as well.

We booked 9 nights at Pop for December 2021. The price is insane, so like others this is a place holder, in hopes that there will be some sort of incentive between now and then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom