Pop Or Coronado Springs

disneygirl1

Hi All, have a dilemma, and figured who better to help me then my friends here:0)

So, I am booked to stay at Pop for my upcoming December trip. I have never stayed there before, but now I am thinking that I might want to upgrade and the only available resort in CS. I have stayed at CS before and had a good experience there. My question is, should I stay at Pop or upgrade to CS?

It is just me and my 6 year old son going, and we are always in the parks and rarely at the hotel, but I am thinking that being it is Dec and the parks close a bit earlier then we are used to when we go in the spring and fall, we maybe at the resort more! What do you all suggest? Know I can count on you all to lead me in the right direction :xmas:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I suggest staying put at POP and saving the money on the upgrade to do a special experience with you and your son. If you know going into the trip that your hotel is just a place to sleep and shower, then it really doesn't matter which resort you choose. Perhaps you can take the extra money you saved from not upgrading and take a tour you've never done before? Maybe you can do a surprise character meal with him as a present?

Let us know what you pick! :wave:

Upvote 0

jjgoo

On the surface I agree with One Lil Spark that why spend the money if you are just going to sleep in the hotel.

However I am wondering have you checked the discount codes that were posted by WannabeBelle the other day? I think I saw a couple of people write that they got a discount at CS. The pool at CS is a lot of fun and your son might enjoy that. You have a fridge in the room which is often convenient. You might enjoy staying at a different resort, it is your vacation too.

I've only stayed at ASMov so I don't know what Pop is really like. I do know however that I would always pick CS over ASMov given the chance. The little bit nicer resort and little better location makes a big difference to me.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your trip!:xmas:

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

There are certain amenities with a moderate you don't get at a value that make it always worth the extra to me.

The value rooms are claustrophibically small. There is something about being able to touch the room door while in the bed that just creeps me out. I also like being able to make a mini pot of coffee in the room or having a mini fridge so I don't have to trudge over to the food court. That's a really big deal when the weather isn't good.

Plus, I love Coronado Springs, so that makes it easy. :D

Upvote 0

bears163

If you dont mind spending the extra money go with CS. We stayed there a few years ago & loved it. yeah you will be spending alot of time in the parks but there will be times that you will be at your hotel & that is when you will be glad you picked CS. just my opinion

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I suggest staying put at POP and saving the money on the upgrade to do a special experience with you and your son. If you know going into the trip that your hotel is just a place to sleep and shower, then it really doesn't matter which resort you choose. Perhaps you can take the extra money you saved from not upgrading and take a tour you've never done before? Maybe you can do a surprise character meal with him as a present?

Let us know what you pick! :wave:

Of course, the flip side is that staying at a mod versus a value could also be considered a "special experience," one that lasts the entire trip as opposed to one special afternoon or evening or meal.

I do agree, however, that for people who only use the room as a place to conk out until you have the strength to back to the parks (or until the parks reopen), then a value is fine. But my wife and I do try to spend some time enjoying the resort in which we stay. Also, I don't have a 6-year old, and I can easily imagine the larger-than-life icons and themeing having an appeal to a wee one like that...

So...I'm not much help at all, I'm afraid. :) I know, were I in the OP's shoes, I'd rather stay at CS, and set aside some time to really explore and play at the resort.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Hi All! Thanks so much for you help... So, I decided to upgrade to CS! I couldn't resist, it was only $30 more for my entire stay!!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Hi All! Thanks so much for you help... So, I decided to upgrade to CS! I couldn't resist, it was only $30 more for my entire stay!!!

That is great!!! For only $30.00 more, it is def worth upgrading to CSR...it is a very nice resort with more amenities. Have a great time!

We tried 3 times to get the code for our stay at POFQ in November, and finally the 3rd time was a charm! We got a good discount off of our trip total...and we are mailing out our final payment tomorrow!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom