Pop or Carribean Beach

MissViv

Original Poster
I have been watching recent youtube videos and the resort looks amazing! I can't believe I have never stayed there. My daughter, when she was a teen, would have loved it.

tanc

CBR is probably the best resort for gondola transportation. For pop it would take forever to ride the gondola to the parks

jinx8402

For pop it would take forever to ride the gondola to the parks

Not really. It is a 3 minute trip from POP to CBR via the skyliner and other than at rope drop, there is rarely a line to get on. Even then it doesn't take long for the line to move.

Obviously with CBR being the hub, it will be a little more efficient, especially if your room is closer to the hub.

tanc

Not really. It is a 3 minute trip from POP to CBR via the skyliner and other than at rope drop, there is rarely a line to get on. Even then it doesn't take long for the line to move.

Obviously with CBR being the hub, it will be a little more efficient, especially if your room is closer to the hub.
Just depends, for me from pop it was 15 minutes of waiting just to get to CBR and then another 20 or 30 just to get onto the gondola to the park.

Goof-Man

I'll be honest, I am in the same boat but substitute All Star Movies and CBR. I hold CBR in a fond place in my heart and it is such a nice resort, but looking at the current rates, it will be about $1000 more for me to stay at CBR vs. ASM. I am hoping for some great discounts which may put it closer to the ASM rack rates, but time will only tell.

MissViv

Original Poster
I'll be honest, I am in the same boat but substitute All Star Movies and CBR. I hold CBR in a fond place in my heart and it is such a nice resort, but looking at the current rates, it will be about $1000 more for me to stay at CBR vs. ASM. I am hoping for some great discounts which may put it closer to the ASM rack rates, but time will only tell.
Yes, I am hoping for discounts too but I booked to get the reservation. We are going the last week of October and there is usually no discounts then.

My niece, who is meeting me, is from Tampa and we are hoping for a Florida Discount!

Goof-Man

I actually did the same thing. I recently changed the reservation from ASM to CBR to have the reservation and not need to worry. I am comfortable with the rack rates and if I get a discount great. I have never been more anxious for Disney to release a discount. Trying to continue browsing the Disney website in the event they release pin codes.

Robbydj13

I actually did the same thing. I recently changed the reservation from ASM to CBR to have the reservation and not need to worry. I am comfortable with the rack rates and if I get a discount great. I have never been more anxious for Disney to release a discount. Trying to continue browsing the Disney website in the event they release pin codes.
I switched to CB from Pop, but I really want them to open up Port Orleans Riverside. Ill make the switch to that if they do. Caribbean Beach isn’t a bad back up though

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
I think POP is really nice so just my personal preference is I would spend that extra $$$ on other things. I am one to not spend a ton of time at the resorts either and spend my time in the parks.

Goof-Man

For me CBR for the space, POP for the theming and it would depend on what you want to do. Having the beaches at CBR provides a relaxing time for the kids on the sand while you sit in a hammock.

Dave B

For me CBR for the space, POP for the theming and it would depend on what you want to do. Having the beaches at CBR provides a relaxing time for the kids on the sand while you sit in a hammock.
Just keep an eye out for the Gators on the beach!!!!

TheMountaineer

I LOVE Caribbean Beach but it is more expensive and it is a really big resort compared to others. However you do get the sky liner. Pop Century is great too. It’s in a good location and it’s higher quality value resort. However, it could definitely use a face lift. I would introduce a third option and go with Art of Animation. The price point is right between these two and it has some newer amenities and facilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom