Pop or Carribean Beach

MissViv

Original Poster
Would you pay $700. more to stay at Carribean Beach instead of Pop? I'm thinking NO but just wondering.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It totally depends. My husband and I love to spend time at the resorts so I would choose CB but for most people POP would be perfect!

Dave B

We used to love the CBR but since the remodel we really dislike at this point. We would pick POP all day long the only thing CBR has other than POP is a Hot Tub and waterslide at the pool, we enjoy the food court at POP 100% more than CB

Last edited:

bunnyman

It depends on your group/family size. Caribbean gives you slightly larger space, I believe double beds in Pop vs. queens in Caribbean. Also, Caribbean gives you a sit-down restaurant option, and a more formal lounge. As our kids became teenagers, we found the value resorts to be a little too cramped when it came to sleeping arrangements, and the moderates a little more accommodating. Also, on an extended trip, claustrophobia started to set in with the values ;). If it was just my wife and I, the values were ok.

Mickey5150

It would depend on how long of stay. If this is $700 for less then a week I wouldn't do it, but if this is for 10 days or more I'd pay the extra. I love the corner rooms in CBR with the extra window and the extra food options and better pool would be worth it on a long trip. A week of non stop park hopping, give me the cheapest bed you can.

MissViv

Original Poster
Back to this decision again. I have booked Pop many times but always upgraded to another room. This time it would be $533 more.

It is my niece and I for 4 nights. We are thinking about CB because it is the skyliner hub, larger room, & easy access to Riviera for lunch or dinner. Also, we would probably use the skyliner a lot just to bum around.

This is for a trip in late October, so will probably be busy for the 50th.

Robbydj13

Would you pay $700. more to stay at Carribean Beach instead of Pop? I'm thinking NO but just wondering.
I just changed over my reservation today to Caribbean Beach from POP... I love them both, but I am hoping Port Orleans Riverside opens up before my December trip, if not, Caribbean Beach it is... I tend to stay at POP for quicker trips or when im pairing WDW with a cruise

MissViv

Original Poster
Ended up switching to Carribean Beach from Pop today - $500 more. I think we will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and want to check out Riviera too. Our first day of arriving is going to be spent at the resort and just bumming around.

I understand saving money, but I love walking the grounds at CBR in the late night or early morning, sitting on a bench, and enjoying the theming and island music background. CBR would be my choice. Pop is nice, but a people machine. CBR is a bit more spaced out and not as crowded, if that makes sense. More room to spread out. Pool is amazing.

LovePop

CBR looks a lot fancier, like you really are in the Caribbean without bothering to go there, with beaches and quiet pools and shorter gondola trips. Pop is a value and look it. But be careful that the CBR pirate rooms only have double beds, whereas Pop rooms now have 2 queen beds. CBR buses take longer, being that they have to go around the hotel. Pop buses are more direct. And of course, with the Skyliner, you can just fly over to eat at CBR's restaurants, or walk across the bridge to eat at AofA's food court. CBR's food court used to be pretty bad before the remodeling. Afterwards, it was worse.

MissViv

Original Poster
We are not staying in a pirate room. We booked standard 5th sleeper and requested Jamaica. We plan on walking over to Riviera to check out their eateries and we will also be eating mostly in the parks or DS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom