Pop or Caribbean resort?

mrs moon

Original Poster
Hi all which would you choice for 8 days?....Pop or Carribean with all the construction?..We are family of 3, 2 adults &13 year old

John park hopper

Stayed at CBR last year in May construction had just started but it did not bother us. If I am not mistaken I believe construction should be completed by then at CBR and just the new DVC will be under construction. I would check with Disney to make sure, from the pictures it looks like CBR is getting a major make over and I would consider stayig there over Pop. The pictures of the new restaurant and food court look great.

mrs moon

Original Poster
Stayed at CBR last year in May construction had just started but it did not bother us. If I am not mistaken I believe construction should be completed by then at CBR and just the new DVC will be under construction. I would check with Disney to make sure, from the pictures it looks like CBR is getting a major make over and I would consider stayig there over Pop. The pictures of the new restaurant and food court look great.
Thank you very much for your advice ..

DarthVader

Sith Lord
CBR is a large resort, and with the renovations, the food court is closed. I believe that construction is scheduled to finish up in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see things run behind schedule and its possible to deal with the construction in the fall as well, though October may be safe in that respect.

Pop Century is considered a value resort and as such the pools don't have a slide and the dining is limited to quick service. The CBR has a better pool, and it may have a better dining option.

Personally, I'd opt for the Pop, because I think its a smaller (or at least feels smaller), I love the theming and it may cost you less money :)

Mainahman

POP has always been our resort of choice. We really liked it.

The new beds are super comfy, but the Murphy bed is something you have to put up every day for sanity sake. As for something in the 50s or 60s, a bit away from the Hippy Dippy pool, and usually its quiet, and close to the main hall.

We ended up in the 90s a couple weeks ago, and that walk is not friendly after a full day in the parks! Our first time we stayed on the back side by the Big Sculpture for the Jungle book, and it was super quiet, looked out at cresent lake, ( mind you this was before AoA officially opened) and was super quiet. I have that exact room number somewhere ;) ground floor is always our go to as well. ( didnt find any noise when we were there the first week of march and it was very crowded there. )

This being said, i cant speak for the Mods, but we felt a bit over crowded at POP, and will likely upgrade as the bus service suffered this past trip.

If your primarily looking to sleep between rope drops, then POP it is! The Hippy Dippy pool was fun when we first stayed there too, and we used it most days because of August heat.

For what it is, POP isnt bad!

mrs moon

Original Poster
POP has always been our resort of choice. We really liked it.

The new beds are super comfy, but the Murphy bed is something you have to put up every day for sanity sake. As for something in the 50s or 60s, a bit away from the Hippy Dippy pool, and usually its quiet, and close to the main hall.

We ended up in the 90s a couple weeks ago, and that walk is not friendly after a full day in the parks! Our first time we stayed on the back side by the Big Sculpture for the Jungle book, and it was super quiet, looked out at cresent lake, ( mind you this was before AoA officially opened) and was super quiet. I have that exact room number somewhere ;) ground floor is always our go to as well. ( didnt find any noise when we were there the first week of march and it was very crowded there. )

This being said, i cant speak for the Mods, but we felt a bit over crowded at POP, and will likely upgrade as the bus service suffered this past trip.

If your primarily looking to sleep between rope drops, then POP it is! The Hippy Dippy pool was fun when we first stayed there too, and we used it most days because of August heat.

For what it is, POP isnt bad!
Can i ask if there is any shade around the pool areas at Pop?

Mainahman

Can i ask if there is any shade around the pool areas at Pop?
We were by the computer pool this past trip, and there were a few trees on the back side of it, but its also the smoking area so theres that. Other than that there isnt a lot other than what is said above.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom