Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Stophie

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I've been following along for all of your past trip reports! Needless to say, I am in for this new adventure! :D

I also want to kick myself. We were in the World about a week ago and stayed at the Poly. I'm fairly sure I ran across you the one morning at Captain Cooks. You were hanging around the entrance with the stroller while we were eating breakfast, but by the time I looked back, you were gone. If only I was a little faster...oh well!

dizfan917

HEY GANG!!

I gotta say, it was SO funny to run into you guys at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor at Magic Kingdom. I told my friends "oh my gosh, see that family over there? I was reading all about their last trip to WDW on this forum I follow... how crazy is it that in the middle of the bazillions of people here I actually see them?!" They thought it was pretty cool as well! So I apologize if I seemed like some creepy stalker... but I knew all about you guys (from the Trip Report) and just wanted to say hi!

I then also spotted you at the FROZEN Sing-a-long and eating something in Mexico! It really IS a small world.

Hope you had a blast (we did!). it was HOT. I may think about January for my next visit...

Scoppin

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

View attachment 165085

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

View attachment 165090

Julia (14)

View attachment 165089

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

View attachment 165088

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

View attachment 165087

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Congratulations to Julia. Grade 9 is a big step.
Sounds like you have a few issues on your trip. Interested to see what they were.
And if our paths crossed at times.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom