Pop Century

SDisney90

I stayed at Allstar from 07-09(all 3 hotels), one of the things that drew me away from it was the super crowded buses.

I agree, thankfully I go during the off season in January also staying at the Sports resort we were the first to pick up which wasn't too bad so we always had a seat. We get to the parks on the first bus too so it's super dead, and leaving we end up taking some of the last buses..yes we are crazy lol

SDisney90

Quick question, is there any difference inside the rooms depending on which section you're in?

From what I've researched and know from All Star Sports resort, each section will have there own theme IE in Sports there was the football themed area, surfing etc. So in the football area the picture frame was Mickey Mouse playing football. Bed spreads and such I believe are the same as well. All the layouts are also the same other than some rooms have 2 beds, some have 1 king bed, and some can be connecting rooms. I assume the same goes for POP Century.

Figmentation

Pop was our first Disney hotel, and will forever be a favorite of mine.
Though Art of Animation is slowly pulling us away. My family stayed there earlier last year and LOVED it.

When I had my own trip, I stayed at Pop then walked across the bridge to the Art of Animation, and I will admit.. it was very cool.

Their food court is significantly better, but Pop does have better desserts.

Great thread, I will be staying there next January. Anyone have any good room location recommendations?
We stayed in 2006 and are planning an upcoming trip in April. We were located in the 80's building and it was the perfect location. Close to the laundry room, bus stops, and the food quart to refill our mugs with morning coffee. We decided to ask for that building again. It's a little loud since we are right behind the pool and spring break is usually full of kids but it's fine with us since we have two loud teenagers with us already. You have a pay a few bucks more per night for a "preferred room" but it's not a lot and totally worth it in my opinion. Our room was actually on the backside of the building last time and we had a beautiful view of hour glass lake. We also saw the beginnings of what is now the Art of Animation resort. I hope we have a great view of that now since it's completed!

Figmentation

@Figmentation Is the food decent enough at POP though? Ok to eat there for a couple of nights (out of 16 days)? Or should we try and eat somewhere else every night?

The food is great, though it does depend on where you eat.
Breakfast wise, I'll be honest, is probably the worst meal to eat there. I've always had issues with runny eggs and dry hashbrowns. If you do get breakfast there, there is always Pop Waffles (A mainstay, like Mickey Waffles!)

Lunch and Dinner is a whole other thing though, the food quality goes up significantly, and the food is made fresh.

The pizza delivered to our room was great. I don't know if it's changed but it was very affordable on our last trip. I will let you know when we get back in April if it's still the same.

Everyone has their own opinions, but I like Pop. But of course, I don't worry about where I am staying on property. I never spend that much time in the room or resorts anyhow.
Absolutely!! We considered upgrading to CBR but all of the rooms sold out and we didn't even blink twice about going back to POP. It's clean, it's sparkly, and completely Disney! They have a great bus service (way better than the values that share a bus) and every single interaction with staff was a wonderful experience. Some people don't want the cartoony, loud, decor but we love it. To us it's Disney-ish!! We are also only in our rooms to sleep and shower! Max 7-8 hrs per day.

Halloweenhead

The pizza delivered to our room was great. I don't know if it's changed but it was very affordable on our last trip. I will let you know when we get back in April if it's still the same.
I'll be there in April too :)
Are the pizzas big enough to share between two adults? It'll just be me and my girlfriend staying there (we dont have any children)

SDisney90

We stayed in 2006 and are planning an upcoming trip in April. We were located in the 80's building and it was the perfect location. Close to the laundry room, bus stops, and the food quart to refill our mugs with morning coffee. We decided to ask for that building again. It's a little loud since we are right behind the pool and spring break is usually full of kids but it's fine with us since we have two loud teenagers with us already. You have a pay a few bucks more per night for a "preferred room" but it's not a lot and totally worth it in my opinion. Our room was actually on the backside of the building last time and we had a beautiful view of hour glass lake. We also saw the beginnings of what is now the Art of Animation resort. I hope we have a great view of that now since it's completed!
Thank you very much for that! Preferred isn't too much of a big deal especially in January, we've been upgraded paying standard prices at Sports. Will consider the 80s, the girlfriend want to stay in the 50s haven't heard much about that area though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom