Pop Century Reviews?

Stormhammer22

Hey, anyone have any reviews or comments on the Pop Century? I'll be heading down to Disney on Thursday and my girlfriend and I are staying there. This will be my first time in a value resort, so I'd like to know how the Pop Century is from people who have stayed there before.

Thanks! :)

brkgnews

I really like it. It's the only value resort whose theming I like. Granted that it is the only resort I've stayed in, its the only one I book. Bus transport has been very reliable when I've been there -- and I think it is maybe a five-minute walk from the most far-flung building to the main area where the food court and bus stops are. You're about a ten minute bus ride from pretty much anything of the parks. Despite it being a value resort, you can still find plenty of Disney touches there, including plenty of hidden Mickeys, elaborate "larger-than-life" theming, nice pools, kids play areas, and no shortage of towel animals in the rooms.

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

I stayed there last July and we loved it. I would definitely stay there again in the future. Bus services was pretty good and you don't have to share buses like the All Stars.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have stayed at every value resort and Pop is the best. The one thing I would recommend is to get a preferred room that is close to the lobby and bus stops.

Upvote 0

Debbie

You won't be disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised and would absolutely stay there again. Granted, the Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside are still my favorites, but for the price we paid $49.00, it can't be beat. Have Fun! :)

Upvote 0

goofy for fire

We stayed there at the end of November and loved it. Just a suggestion, try to get the Tramp building from Lady and the Tramp with a room overlooking the lake on the top floor and you'll be able to see all the fireworks from both Disney Studios and Epcot each night. Like stated above, it's only about a 5 minute walk from anywhere in the resort to the main building so I don't necessarily believe that paying extra for the upgrade is a must. The bus transportation is excellent because you have dedicated busses that you don't have to share with other resorts. The downside to that is that at each park you'll have to walk to the farthest bus pick-up area to get to your bus, so plan accordingly when you're tired at the end of the day.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP and give us an update when you return.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

The rooms were very nice, the grounds well kept and themed nicely, the "bigger than life" icons were well done and not as "in your face" as some of the All Stars. The food court had good and mostly quick service, but sometimes there seems to be fewer tables than patrons. I guess I'm going to be the odd man out here. Everyone above thought the bus service was good, but we had problems with it during our entire stay.

We were there in early Dec and it was very crowded at Pop. It seemed that the staff were overwhelmed by the crowds. Our main problems were the busses and guest services / check-in / check-out desks -- seemed very slow and unable to handle the masses of guests. We would sometimes have to wait for 2 or 3 busses to get through the lines and we never went to a park on its EMH day. The parks were more crowded than I've seen during the last 3 Dec trips so I think they were not ready for the crowds.

If you take our experiences with the busses out of the equation, our stay at Pop Century was wonderful.

Upvote 0

sconti

I stayed there for 4 nights last week (Saturday to Wednesday) and I really thought it was a great value. You still feel immersed in the WDW theming, but for a very fair price. Check-in/check-out was smooth. The lobby was sleek and attractive. The food court/shopping area was nicely layed out and pretty efficient in serving a lot of people at once. The pool/pool bar was nice. Theming/landscaping very attractive. Parking was good too, perhaps a little tight at night the first 2 nights when the resort was close to full. All in all, it was great. WL and AKL are my favorites, but for the money, I would definitely stay at Pop again.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I've stayed at all 4 value resorts and Pop was my favorite of them. It seemed less busy than the All Star resorts (I think all the high school groups tend to stay at All Stars). We went in mid July and it was very quiet, hardly saw any people there! Everytime I've stayed at an All Star resort it's been crazy busy and loud.

Upvote 0

jesserin

One thing to remember about the All Stars (especially if you've stayed at the moderates and deluxe's before) Is that they are pretty much just Disneyfied Motel 8's - We love them! They're awsome! However - though you still get all the Disney service, the hotel amenities are pretty bare... The rooms are very basic... - They work just fine for us, but it always bothers me when people come back ranting about how the all stars are so cheap - um, yeah they are - they are created for those on a budget, and frankly they're perfect! They're onsite - you get all the wonderful disney perks, but pay a mini disney price... Just go prepared and you'll have a blast - it's not the Poly but then again, since you're paying less than 1/3 of the price you really get more than anyone could ask for! :) Hope this helps explain it a little... great resort choice though!

Upvote 0

brisem

We stayed there last April and loved it. In fact, we have 8 days booked there in JUly. We stayed in the 70's facing the lake. The food court was great, I don't know if they still do it but at 5:45 the CM do the Hustle in the middle of the Cafe. The bus were good since PC doesn't share with any other resort.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

jesserin said:
.... it always bothers me when people come back ranting about how the all stars are so cheap - um, yeah they are - they are created for those on a budget, and frankly they're perfect! ...

just wanted to highlight this part of your post. You are 100% right on with this observation. You will not get 5 diamond service at the Value resorts -- they are just that - VALUE priced. We also love them for that reason. I would rather spend my money at the parks or getting a great meal than on the room where I'm sleeping. We have stayed at the Value resorts 4 times and each time we paid between $49 and $65 per night. Can't beat the price!

Upvote 0

sconti

brisem said:
We stayed there last April and loved it. In fact, we have 8 days booked there in JUly. We stayed in the 70's facing the lake. The food court was great, I don't know if they still do it but at 5:45 the CM do the Hustle in the middle of the Cafe. The bus were good since PC doesn't share with any other resort.

Yes, I was there last week and all of a sudden they stopped working and broke into a large scale DO THE HUSTLE. It was awesome! Very funny. I walked away saying...only at WDW.

Upvote 0

sconti

wannab@dis said:
just wanted to highlight this part of your post. You are 100% right on with this observation. You will not get 5 diamond service at the Value resorts -- they are just that - VALUE priced. We also love them for that reason. I would rather spend my money at the parks or getting a great meal than on the room where I'm sleeping. We have stayed at the Value resorts 4 times and each time we paid between $49 and $65 per night. Can't beat the price!

I agree with spending the money somewhere else. I stayed at Pop last week and took the money I saved at the hotel and had dinner at Jiko, Citricos, Flying Fish Cafe, and the California Grill. I really enjoyed it. Plus, you can visit the other WDW resorts to walk around, have coffee, have lunch, etc. and almost fully experience them that way (besides the guest room and pool).

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
sconti said:
Yes, I was there last week and all of a sudden they stopped working and broke into a large scale DO THE HUSTLE. It was awesome! Very funny. I walked away saying...only at WDW.

:lol: That was my favorite part. I almost got up to do it with them, but I didn't know any of the moves, so I was afraid they'd either call the police or paramedics.

Upvote 0

Raven66

brisem said:

We are staying there in May and that sounds like a lot of fun. I hope this isn't stupid but does this happen A.M, P.M. or both? I would like to see it. Thanks :wave:

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

We loved Pop Century when we stayed there in August..in fact, we are staying there again this August. Its a beautiful resort, the lake is beautiful (you can feed the fish, ducks and turtles). If you go on the third or fourth floor of the 60's building (coming out of the main building where the gift shop is looking at the pool, the building I'm talking about will be the one on the right..not sure what letter it is) you can see the fireworks from Epcot. You have to go to the back where you can see the lake to see it. Its a good view of the fireworks if you can't get to Epcot to see Illuminations. On our first night there, the ducks decided to take a swim in the Kiddie pool so we went down and fed them cheetos (take a bag with you in case the ducks are still there and they will follow you like you are their mother/father. :lol: They waited for us everyday by the lake...extra entertainment bonus :lol: )

BRISEM, when we stayed there in August, they did the Hustle every night!
Its so fun to watch!

As far as I know, its just P.M. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom