Pop Century Resort

STEVEBUCKLE

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
I LIVE IN THE UK AND HAVE BOOKED THROUGH A HOLIDAY COMPANY TO STAY AT THE POP CENTURY RESORT IN OCTOBER 2002.
I ASKED THEM ABOUT THE POP CENTURY RESORT BEING SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY AND THEY DENIED ALL KNOWLEDGE OF IT. CONSEQUENTLY I CONTACTED DISNEY IN THE UK AND THEY CONFIRMED THE BUILDING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY AND GUESTS WERE BEING OFFERED UPGRADES AND IF I HUNG OUT LONG ENOUGH WOULD PROBABLY GET THE ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE.
I HAVE SINCE CONTACED DISNEYWORLD VIA THE WEB BASED EMAIL AND DIRECT TO CUSTOMER SERVICES AT LEAST 20 TIMES OVER THE PAST WEEK WITH NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.
HAS ANYONE ANY OTHER EMAIL ADDRESSES I CAN CONTACT THEM OR PREFERABLY FOR SOMEONE IN AUTHORITY AS I FEEL THIS LACK OF SERVICE IS DEPLORABLE. IF NOT HAS ANYONE BEEN OFFERED AN UPGRADE ETC.. AND IF SO WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET IT??
HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP!!
ALL THE BEST
STEVE

The Mom

Premium Member
Steve, from what I gathered from other posters, WDW will be contacting you closer to your trip date. You WILL have a room, but the question is where? If there is no room at a value resort, they will probably upgrade you to a moderate at no cost, or offer you an upgrade to a deluxe for an added fee. If there is room at a value, you will be transferred there. This has been the case for recent posters both on this board and others. I can't guarantee that this will happen in your case! WDW probably can't tell you exactly where you will be staying this far out, but I would relax for now. Who knows, maybe Pop Century will be open by then, or perhaps you'll get a better deal!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

they contacted us in August, six months prior to our trip in two weeks, and we got the Animal Kingdom Lodge deal. So expect a call in April or maybe May.
Kyle

Upvote 0

STEVEBUCKLE

Original Poster
Help???

Originally posted by DogsRule!
they contacted us in August, six months prior to our trip in two weeks, and we got the Animal Kingdom Lodge deal. So expect a call in April or maybe May.
Kyle

I have been contavted by Disneyworld regarding being moved from The Pop Century Resort and they say they have never offered free upgrades to the Animal Kingdon Lodge or similar.

Have you a copy of any proof you could let me have so I can go back to them and prove they are lying and that they should be offering more than just a move to All Stars or having to pay extra to go elsewhere?

Hope you can and thanks for your time!!!

All the best

Steve

Upvote 0

Debbie

Steve, remember what mom said------if there isn't anything AVAILABLE at the value resort then they will most likely offer an upgrade to a moderate or for a little more out of your pocket, something such as the Animal Kingdom. The time that you may be going, the All-Stars may have alot of vacancies and they will fill them first before going with Port Orleans/Caribbean Beach.
My family went a few weeks ago and were offered an upgrade to Coronado Springs for $10.00 more per nite. You may shoot for something like that. Can't guarantee anything. Just be persistent and polite and things should come through for you.

Upvote 0

Belle13

Steve, I believe you misunderstood one of the previous posts...they never offer free upgrades to a deluxe property...there will always be an upgrade charge. However, you may get lucky and get a free upgrade to a moderate resort, if (and ONLY IF), they have nothing available for you at the time of your visit in any of the All Star Resorts. If they do have something available at the All Stars, you will have a room there for the original cost of your Pop Century room. If an All Star room is available, and you choose not to take it, then you will be charged the difference between that room and the resort you choose.

Hope this helps to clarify things...they can get somewhat confusing, can't they?

Upvote 0

James123

Account Suspended
Well..were getting closer to the truth.

Originally posted by Belle13
Steve, I believe you misunderstood one of the previous posts...they never offer free upgrades to a deluxe property...there will always be an upgrade charge. However, you may get lucky and get a free upgrade to a moderate resort, if (and ONLY IF), they have nothing available for you at the time of your visit in any of the All Star Resorts. If they do have something available at the All Stars, you will have a room there for the original cost of your Pop Century room. If an All Star room is available, and you choose not to take it, then you will be charged the difference between that room and the resort you choose.

Hope this helps to clarify things...they can get somewhat confusing, can't they?

All of the above is true, except that WDW is required by law to provide you a room if you have a prepaid advance reservation. Without going into all the gory details, I once had a room booked at the All-Stars for $59.00 a night for 5 nights. When I arrived, they were full and then sent me over to the Coronado Springs at no additional charge. When I walked into the room, it smelled like vomit! I requested another room by telephone and was told, "we're sold out". I went down to the front desk and demanded (politely) another room. We ended up at the Poly for 5 nights at $59.00 a night. Also, don't take an "upgrade" to the CBR if you can avoid it.

Upvote 0

WEDMagic

yep

yeah I have reservations for Dixie Landings few years back and they were painting or something and were full so they set us up in the grand floridian for 3 nights at the same Thank god I love in florida residence rate.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom