Pop Century Resort Preferred Room?

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
Hello

how big of a difference does booking a preferred room have over a standard room in September? its our fist time ever at WDW. we do have a toddler.

woohoo  

The preferred rooms are directly behind the main building where you will find the check in area, bus transportation, restaurant and the main pool.There are four buildings they consider preferred and you could be put on either side unless you request preferred pool view. Paying alittle more is worth it to us because after a long day
the closer to the room the better. Plus it's a shorter walk to get to the restaurant when you need that early morning coffee .

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
:O there's no coffee maker inside the room? I guess that's where you get the value. I've also noticed many complaints about the noise late night? is there any truth to that? thanks! :)

No coffee maker but they do have a small refrigerator in the room. Your room will be a little quieter if you do not face the pool. We usually try to request building 5 or 4 and you can also ask where your room is at check in and ask them to move you to a closer room if you feel you are too far away. They have always done their best to accommodate us if there is another room available.

baloofigment14

We always stay at Pop when we go to Disney and love it. Food court and gift shop is nice along with pools if you like to swim. Never have had any problems with noise, but we normally try to go during off season times. We also like to request a room closest to the food court which is nice and by the bus stops.Any other question I would be happy to help!

Foolish Mortal

I like to be as close to the main building as possible so I always book preferred pool view. After a long day at the park it's nice to get off the bus, go thru the lobby and have the room right there. It's SO worth the extra money if you don't mind the extortion.

Becky

Hello

how big of a difference does booking a preferred room have over a standard room in September? its our fist time ever at WDW. we do have a toddler.

woohoo  
Value = lower cost. So why pay for preferred room of which the only advantage is it is a bit closer to the lobby and bus stop? We walk between 20,000-25,000 steps per day depending on the park. We save enough by getting a standard room to stay an extra day. As per the toddler just put him/her in a stroller and they won't care about distance. Just my two cents. Oh, and if you want quiet you do not want a preferred room as they are close to the pool. Try fourth floor on the end of a building facing the parking lot rather than the pool for quiet.

walter1901

I stayed POP last December for one night. I enjoyed staying there and found it comfortable for 2 adults and 11 year old and a 13 year old. I stayed in a preferred room in the 70s section. IMO, it is worth the cost because you are closer to Classic Hall and the bus stop. Request the 70s section if you want a more quieter preferred room. If being close isn't a priority don't do it.:):)

Becky

I stayed POP last December for one night. I enjoyed staying there and found it comfortable for 2 adults and 11 year old and a 13 year old. I stayed in a preferred room in the 70s section. IMO, it is worth the cost because you are closer to Classic Hall and the bus stop. Request the 70s section if you want a more quieter preferred room. If being close isn't a priority don't do it.:):)
We always ask to stay in the 70's building in a standard room. The building has both preferred and standard rooms the only difference is the standard rooms are in the left half of the building as you face the Mickey telephone. So closer yes but not by that much.

acishere

:O there's no coffee maker inside the room? I guess that's where you get the value. I've also noticed many complaints about the noise late night? is there any truth to that? thanks! :)
When staying in a preferred value room, I like to request that we not face the pool for the noise reason. They have always accommodated us when requesting this.

popcenturylover

We've stayed at POP twice now & stayed preferred both times. We were put in the 60's section, not poolside, close to the main building the 1st time. So, the next time we stayed we requested the same section. It's close to the main pool, building, & bus stops.

SAV

I have stayed in the 60's section facing the lake a couple of times and never paid the preferred rate. But it is a great location.

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
I have stayed in the 60's section facing the lake a couple of times and never paid the preferred rate. But it is a great location.
that's what I was thinking that maybe depending on the time of year, you can get a "preferred" room without paying for it. what dates have you gone?

thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom