Pop Century or Art of Animation

Disney_Dad88

Original Poster
I have decided to pick one of the two when I book Wednesday but Im still a little torn. I have two little girls so if we do AoA we will probably do the little mermaid room. I think they will enjoy that more than pop century and its only $100 more so money isn't a concern here. What are the pros and cons of both for those that have been and which would you prefer. For what its worth Im leaning toward AoA.

Donald96

To be honest the choice is pretty clear... AoA! I've stayed at both and I just feel not only is the theming better, but it is also more immersive! When staying at AoA you wanted to go to each courtyard and see all the decorations, and landscaping. The Pop rooms are pretty uniform from what I remember but the decorations in the LM room were pretty cool. (IMHO Cars is at its best at night with all the faux neon signs!) While the Pop is by no means dull it just can't compete with all the details put into AoA. The food court is also better at AoA when grabbing some grub, but the major difference is the pool. The Nemo pool is incredible! While the hippy dippy pool isnt bad, the big blue is 10X better. They play music underwater and its a whole lot larger! So in all both resorts will provide a great time but AoA would easily be my choice. Hope I helped!

Disney_Dad88

Original Poster
Thanks everybody. I think my choice has been made up for a while, just wanted to hear it from a few that have been there. I just didn't think my girls would get that "wow" factor in the pop century like they would AoA, which is why Ive made my mind up. Wednesday Ill be booking AoA. Man Im pumped up lol.

popcenturylover

We stayed at POP in 09 & had a split stay at AOA/POP last September. Our DD4 loved both but, totally fell in love with AOA! They both have good points & bad. In our experience the busses were better at POP. Food is better at AOA. IF you stay preferred at POP you are pretty much close to everything. At AOA the LMRs are a bit far especially for the morning java! I would say that either great but AOA has that new factor.

Disney_Dad88

Original Poster
We stayed at POP in 09 & had a split stay at AOA/POP last September. Our DD4 loved both but, totally fell in love with AOA! They both have good points & bad. In our experience the busses were better at POP. Food is better at AOA. IF you stay preferred at POP you are pretty much close to everything. At AOA the LMRs are a bit far especially for the morning java! I would say that either great but AOA has that new factor.

My dad was telling me that Pop had its own buses or something. Whats the difference with that because I thought they all use the same transportation. Also why were on that subject, how long does it take to get from the hotel to the parks on the buses. I wanted to be at the Magic Kingdom when it opens on our first day, but not really sure what time would be good to catch the bus. Also how long does it take to get back to the hotel midday (we wanted to leave and get refreshed and come back for the be our guest meal that night) and back to the hotel when everybody is leaving at night. This info will help me out a lot if you don't mind taking the time.

popcenturylover

My dad was telling me that Pop had its own buses or something. Whats the difference with that because I thought they all use the same transportation. Also why were on that subject, how long does it take to get from the hotel to the parks on the buses. I wanted to be at the Magic Kingdom when it opens on our first day, but not really sure what time would be good to catch the bus. Also how long does it take to get back to the hotel midday (we wanted to leave and get refreshed and come back for the be our guest meal that night) and back to the hotel when everybody is leaving at night. This info will help me out a lot if you don't mind taking the time.
POP & AKA each have their own dedicated bus service but, in our opinions(DH & I) we thought that the service was much better at POP. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes to get to MK from either resort. Midday is when you will wait the longest for a bus. They seem to run more often in the mornings & evenings. If you need to get to a ressie I would leave about an hour & a half before hand to make sure you get there on time. We found that out on our last trip when we were 20 minutes late for a ressie!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom