Pop Century or Art of Animation Fishing?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Anyone ever fish at the lake splitting the two resorts? Back in 2010 when we stayed at Pop I would see a guy fishing every day. He was not catching anything and reason being it looked like it was the first time he ever fished in his life.

if you or anyone you know have fished that lake...how did you do? What did you catch?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it is like most lakes/retention ponds in Florida you will find a combination of brim, bass and catfish. Carp are also occasionally added for algae control.

Mainahman

Im intrigued by this. Id assume its catch and release like the rest of the property, or can i take it back to my room fillet it and cook it up? Id be interested in if there's anything in there even if its catch and release. Were 95 percent driving next trip and i could sneak my pole in for some early morning fishing!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Im fine with that :) but you cant catch catfish very easily up here, so it would sure be fun!

You can catch them easy where I am and no thanks! You have all the fun. I want to catch a large mouth, which are HARD to find in Pittsburgh.

Mainahman

We have tons of Large mouth in certain lakes in Maine. I was camping at a campground and a 10 year old caught a 3 lb large mouth about 17 inches long off the dock... I love fishing for Bass so id have a blast if its kosher to fish there.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah man we go here like every other day once spring hits. It's all rivers here though. Some lakes but the fishing in the rivers is so good it's hard to justify driving 20-40 mins to a lake where you might not catch anything at all when I could drive 5 mins and fish the creeks and rivers.

Mainahman

I have a lake less then 10 minutes from the house and a stream/creek about 5. my wife cant find me half the time during open water season. Not to mention a major river that i can fish year round like 8 minutes away. But hey if i can fish at my resort before she gets up id be all over that!

Joshua&CalebDad

Go to Either The Campground or even Port Orleans. Each have excellent fishing areas.

Do you have any experience with the fishing hole at PORS. My family and I will be there next week and my sons (4 & 6)have never gone fishing before. I thought that the fishing hole at PORS would be a good way to start them off. I just hope we actually get a bite.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't. I was there once but I did not fish and nobody was fishing. I think at Riverside you can actually rent rods and buy bait.

taz0162

Do you have any experience with the fishing hole at PORS. My family and I will be there next week and my sons (4 & 6)have never gone fishing before. I thought that the fishing hole at PORS would be a good way to start them off. I just hope we actually get a bite.
When we stayed there it was called Dixie Landings and we did see fish being caught each time we went through that area. That was another of our 2 week plus days trips so it wasn't just a coincidence that it happened when we were by it. I don't remember catching anything but I believe my sister did. It is my favorite resort but we try a different one each visit.

princessmommy

Do you have any experience with the fishing hlole at PORS. My family and I will be there next week and my sons (4 & 6)have never gone fishing before. I thought that the fishing hole at PORS would be a good way to start them off. I just hope we actually get a bite.
we went in December. I was the only one to catch anything and it was tiny. Fyi-both pors and ft wilderness are cane pole only.

Phonedave

I don't. I was there once but I did not fish and nobody was fishing. I think at Riverside you can actually rent rods and buy bait.

Yeah, you can rent rods and buy bait. But they are only cane poles - just a stick with a line and hook tied to it. Once the sun comes up, all the fish go under structure, which you cannot reach with the cane pole - so you are pretty much dead.

PO Riverside does stock that pond, but then I saw a bunch of otters there. Stocking a pond with otters just providing a free meal for them.

I have seen people pulling catfish and bass out of the lake at SSR. In fact, if you are on the bridge in the morning and you throw some crumbs in the water, you can get fish to rise - decent 10 - 12 inch ones. Hard to tell what they were, the waters not the clearest.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom