Pop Century Notes (4/15 thru 4/22). The Good and the Not so Bad.

clarabellej

Out of curiosity, how is the bus service at Pop? We are trying Pop for the first time the week after Thanksgiving, and are trying to plan accordingly.
Sorry this is a little late answering your question, but we never have a problem with the Pop buses. They run frequently. Sure, if you just missed one you might have to stand and wait for a bit, but nothing super inconvenient. We are usually in a preferred room and are near transportation. We even used a bus very early one morning to take a tour at MK. That was so cool. When we boarded the bus, it was still dark out. We were the only ones on and I thought we would have to sit and wait for others, but we were whisked away immediately. It is true that Pop will probably be the farthest stop when you leave the parks. Once when we were deposited at HS, the driver announced that when we left the park, our stop would be #1. Everyone let out a cheer. They didn’t realize that would mean, number one aka the first and farthest. IMO, Disney does an amazing job moving the masses. Even during Spring Break as HS let out at closing, there were buses (even backup/DME types) lined up and ready to accommodate the crowds. We love Pop, it is our favorite!!

Spencerrr

Sorry this is a little late answering your question, but we never have a problem with the Pop buses. They run frequently. Sure, if you just missed one you might have to stand and wait for a bit, but nothing super inconvenient. We are usually in a preferred room and are near transportation. We even used a bus very early one morning to take a tour at MK. That was so cool. When we boarded the bus, it was still dark out. We were the only ones on and I thought we would have to sit and wait for others, but we were whisked away immediately. It is true that Pop will probably be the farthest stop when you leave the parks. Once when we were deposited at HS, the driver announced that when we left the park, our stop would be #1. Everyone let out a cheer. They didn’t realize that would mean, number one aka the first and farthest. IMO, Disney does an amazing job moving the masses. Even during Spring Break as HS let out at closing, there were buses (even backup/DME types) lined up and ready to accommodate the crowds. We love Pop, it is our favorite!!

You’ve been lucky I’ve waited for the 3rd and 4th bus at pop. Leaving MK we’ve spent easily 30 Minutes at the station.

clarabellej

You’ve been lucky I’ve waited for the 3rd and 4th bus at pop. Leaving MK we’ve spent easily 30 Minutes at the station.
I’ll admit that leaving MK can be pretty rough sometimes. Especially immediately after the evening show. Even then the management of moving the people can be pretty amazing. We’ve had to wait then too, but our last visit a new looking double bus (accordion middle) pulled up just as we walked up and we left quickly.

KNJWDW

I appreciate your review of Pop. This was the first resort we stayed at, probably 14-15 years ago. It wasn't good! Much of what you described happened to us. The neighbors leaving their trash in the walkways - beer cans, pizza boxes, cigarette butts. It was noisy all the time. I said we would never stay there again. We have been to WDW at least 10 time since then and haven't stayed at Pop again. But......never say never. Long story, but my daughter and I will be taking a short 4 night stay in February and want to make it a budget trip. So Pop it is! I think the new rooms look nice, just hoping that the atmosphere is better!

clarabellej

We’ve are such fans of Pop!

So I am glad to hear you are giving it another shot!

I think some of what may be happening recently is due to folks opting out of Mousekeeping.

Maybe the management should place a discreet note in room asking people not to place trash outside the room.

It is a-shame people can be so messy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom