Pop Century late August - Which Building???

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
My family (wife and two kids daughter 7, son 4) are staying at Pop Century (for the first time) in late August. We are looking for suggestions on which building we should request to be in. The kids aren't so young anymore, so being super close to the bus or food court isn't a huge deal, but I'm not sure that I want to be the furtherest away (unless there is good reason for it). We just got the stanard room as I feel the upcharge for "Perferred" is not worth it.

So I am curious what people think that have been there and why we should ask for one building/area over another.

Thanks

Mot

We stayed in the back side of the 80's on one of our trips and liked the fact of being able to get to the bus stops across the 90's parking lot. The same can be said for the 70's building facing the same parking lot. Great when coming back from a park and avoiding a trip thru the main bldg. or if you forget something in the morning.

Skippy

On my last trip we requested a room in the 60s that faced the lake (not the pool). The only intermittent noise came from the stairwell, not the pool, and since it's the 60s, it's pretty close to the main building/food court/busses. I would stay there again.

If you want to take advantage of a quieter pool and don't mind walking to the main building, 50s or 90s are the best. Again I'd request a lake-facing room just to minimize the chance of noise from the pool area.

If you want to be close to the bus and don't care about the food court, 80s/70s buildings by the parking lot like Mot suggested are nice and close. The only drawback is having to walk through the parking lot every day.. not as fun as walking through the middle of the resort, but that's just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom