POP Century - information needed

Crazydisneygirl

Original Poster
I have been to Disneyworld twice. Stayed at Caribbean Beach and at Boardwalk. Looking for a less expensive trip this time. It is just my husband and me (celebrating 25 year anniversary). Looking for information on the value resort- POP Century: cleanliness of rooms, how far walk to bus, how long bus to parks, food and general feeling of the resort. Thanks in advance.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We always stay at Pop Century because of the cost. All we do is sleep/bathe there so amenities never cross my mind. I've never used the pools, the food court can be chaotic but the food is always good. Buses at every resort leave something to be desired anymore. I'd say go for it.

grim-grinning_toast

Hi! POP is undergoing a lot of aesthetic changes right now. I love the look of the new rooms, so if you can score one of those things - I think it will help it feel more elevated :) It's one of my favorite hotels because it has its own bus line, so you don't have to make 2 extra stops before getting to your hotel (I'm looking at you, All Stars). If you're staying in a preferred room, it's not a far walk whatsoever to the food court. The food is on par with every other quick service hotel. If you have any kind of dietary restriction/allergy, the chefs at POP are super nice and flexible about it.

Have fun!!

LIMA TIME

we stayed there this past october for a long weekend, with two kids. it was great. we got a newly redone 80's room. it was small, but very nice and very clean.

the pools were great and the foot court is fast witha ton of options.

I say go for it

Diablo

Before I joined DVC, I stayed at POP three times & loved every trip. Proximity to the lobby/busses makes a difference, but I really enjoyed my time there. Have fun & congratulations.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I've stayed at Pop 3 times (going for a 4th next week). In my experience the bus service is the best of any resort at WDW. Much better than Boardwalk or others where you sometimes share busses. Also since Art of Animation is close, you can jump on that bus coming back from the parks if you don't mind a little extra walking. Cleanliness is on par with other resorts in my experience. The food court and the busses are effectively next to each other and I think you can get to the furthest corner of the resort in 7 minutes. I would request a room in the 70s or 50s if it was me (preferably building 6 or 3 to avoid a parking lot view). The 50s is nice if you want to stay in a section that has a pool. All of the pools are fairly basic. The main pool has a pool bar, but with the children's activities and music going you might prefer the Bowling pin pool or the computer pool.

beachlover4444

going there next week and have stayed before. rooms are little small but i didnt care, we were at the parks from open to close. i did get notification about the gondola noise levels. as far as what rooms you request, you can ask for a refurb room, and we got lucky and got upgraded to one in august. we are again hoping for one this stay but who knows.

quackmar

Stayed at POP in May in a non-refurbished room. The rooms are noticably smaller than a mod but big enough to get the job done. The bed closest to the door is really close to the door (so a little tricky to sneak out for an early coffee) but we were actually able to fit a cot in the room and leave it unfolded all of the time. I found the rooms to be clean.

Buses- was in one of the farthest rooms from the lobby but found the walk to the bus stop not bad. Although the bus line isn't covered I did like that there was a defined queue.

Food court was good. Plenty of seating and AoA is has a different food selection so I would recommend stopping by there at least once.

Didn't personally swim in the pools but they looked nice.

Cake

I have stayed at all the value resorts and Pop Century is our fav! It is easy to get to/from the buses - it’s a short walk.

We stayed over Thanksgiving weekend and got one of the refurbished rooms. Nice! My only criticism is the floors are now fake hardwood and if you have someone above you, then it is easier to hear them walking around. It wasn’t loud, but I could hear the upstairs neighbor in the morning- I think we were on the same schedule to get to MK.

I have not had anything at the food court, except coffee. It all looks good, but we eat elsewhere, just our preference.

You will love Pop! Have a great trip

Last edited:

Mainahman

POP is always our go to, Were a big rope drop to kiss goodnight type of family, so we don't spend a lot of time in the rooms. I am excited to hopefully get a renovated room this go round. I love that resort. I really think you will too!

macsmom

I've stayed at POP 4 times - number 5 will be in May. I have never been disappointed. Rooms have always been clean along with the grounds. I love the bus service but sometimes I think they could add a few more to the queue. The food court is not bad at all. I get up early and have breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom