POP Century Buildings

gobstoper27

Original Poster
Hi All,
Can anyone offer insight as to what buildings are more"preferable" at Pop Century? I know all the rooms will be remodeled when I visit in the fall, I just wasn't sure if some buildings offer more convenience than others. Thanks in advance!!

gobstoper27

Original Poster
Will you have a car? What room category did you book?
We are leaning towards getting a car, we haven't booked the room yet, I was planning on doing it this weekend though. I know that I do not want a pool room. We'll probably just do a standard room.

lostpro9het

We've done PoP several times and our go-to request is the 70's building, top floor, near the 90's parking. This area gives you good walking access to classic hall, the bus stops, the computer pool, and the hippy dippy pool. IMO, top floor is key so you dont hear folks stomping and flushing above you which can be an issue.

Amos1784

I agree with the 70's that is our preferred, top floor, lake view. 60's is great you are right by the main pool/bar and eating and very close to busses still, however it is a central hub area and can get busy. 80's and 90's are always out least preferred but we do not have to worry about ease for parking either. Keep in mind with the refurb while everything is WAY better then it was I would highly suggest a top floor, the new wood floors are not kind to noise below.

gobstoper27

Original Poster
We've done PoP several times and our go-to request is the 70's building, top floor, near the 90's parking. This area gives you good walking access to classic hall, the bus stops, the computer pool, and the hippy dippy pool. IMO, top floor is key so you dont hear folks stomping and flushing above you which can be an issue.
Thanks, Good call-out with the top floor, the floor noise is probably louder with the new floors now. Do you often get your building requests granted for the most part? I've always stayed off-site, we're taking our toddler in November so we're looking forward to the conveniences of staying onsite.

Zipadeelady

Of course you would've known which building to stay at. I forgot that you've stayed there a few times. I pulled up a resort map and I think 70's would be the best building too. Hoping to take a trip down with my daughter for a few days and I believe this will be our resort of choice.

Amos1784

Thanks, Good call-out with the top floor, the floor noise is probably louder with the new floors now. Do you often get your building requests granted for the most part? I've always stayed off-site, we're taking our toddler in November so we're looking forward to the conveniences of staying onsite.

We have always gotten our building request the floor is something we have not always gotten. But we have then asked if we could be moved because for us top floor is our priority even over location. Less noise, toilets flushing (yes you can hear them and all bathroom noise if you are below), and even when grounds is working it is less noise since you are higher up. We love POP and prefer it over most moderates, you will have a great time!

gobstoper27

Original Poster
We have always gotten our building request the floor is something we have not always gotten. But we have then asked if we could be moved because for us top floor is our priority even over location. Less noise, toilets flushing (yes you can hear them and all bathroom noise if you are below), and even when grounds is working it is less noise since you are higher up. We love POP and prefer it over most moderates, you will have a great time!
Did not think about toilets, LOL. Thanks for all of your advice, one last thing, is it best to call with requests..or can I do that online as well?

SAV

We always do 3rd floor, 60's section, Lake View. As usual, requests aren't guaranteed, but I have always gotten mine.

Keybdis

It really depends on what you want. Myself, I don't mind a bit of a walk to Food Court and busses and I look a quieter, less busy place for my room. 80's work out perfect for that. The 80's pool is almost never crowded, and it's usually very quiet. Plus the 80's were my High School and College years and the pool usually seems to have 80's music. :)

kimmieanne1965

Have the 70's building rooms been updated (refurbished)? We are going the last of May and I requested a preferred pool view but the 70's sound good, close to the buses and food court.

DisneyDreamer08

We stayed in Pop a few years back in a standard room and requested 50's Lakeside. We got both of our requests and we were on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. It's very peaceful and picturesque on the lakeside (not that you can sit outside your room but it's a pretty area to walk through). We chose 50's because my daughter was a big Lady & the Tramp fan.
On our next trip (staying at Sports) we requested first floor because it's much easier going in and without a double stroller, not having to worry about elevators. So it's really more of a personal choice. Look at the map and see what looks good to you- close to a certain pool, close to the food court, close to a parking lot. We walked all around Pop one day we were there to completely check out the resort and really only found the 90's buildings to be far away. Everything else is pretty compact. Have fun!!!! We LOVE Pop!!

pug

We are leaning towards getting a car, we haven't booked the room yet, I was planning on doing it this weekend though. I know that I do not want a pool room. We'll probably just do a standard room.
Then definitely just book a standard room. I find that if I have a car I like to pick a far away building.

Amos1784

Did not think about toilets, LOL. Thanks for all of your advice, one last thing, is it best to call with requests..or can I do that online as well?

You can do it online, however I find it best to just have it documented in all places. I would "check in" online with your requests, call the night before, and then ask at check in. I don't see at that point that you will not get them!

Mainahman

W.e asked for close to smoking area, bottom floor and renovated room for our trip last week. We got these requests but ended up in the back side of the 90s building with quite a walk to the bus corrals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom