POP bus service to water parks.

YJbates

Original Poster
We are staying at Pop in May and planning to visit both water parks. There is direct bus transportation to and from Pop to the water parks? Do the buses run as frequently to the water parks like they do to the regular parks?

Gringrinngghost

We are staying at Pop in May and planning to visit both water parks. There is direct bus transportation to and from Pop to the water parks? Do the buses run as frequently to the water parks like they do to the regular parks?
For Blizzard Beach: Take the Bus to Animal Kingdom and then take a second bus to Blizzard Beach
For Typhoon Lagoon: Take the Bus to Disney Springs and then take a second bus to Typhoon Lagoon

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They do run as frequently, but the routes seem to change constantly. Sometimes they are direct at others they will combine the water parks, Disney Springs, resorts, other parks etc.

It is usually a good idea to check with the front desk when you arrive to confirm what route the buses are running so you can plan accordingly.

NelleBelle

Geesh! So glad we decided to rent a car. That is so ridiculous! Just what I want to do, ride a theme park bus in my swim attire so I can change buses to get where I really want to go! Plain dumb! :banghead:

Goofyernmost

Geesh! So glad we decided to rent a car. That is so ridiculous! Just what I want to do, ride a theme park bus in my swim attire so I can change buses to get where I really want to go! Plain dumb! :banghead:
Renting a car solves more problems then anyone seems to imagine. It also provides easy access to external services and new experiences. I haven't had to rent a car in Florida for a decade now cause I'm close enough to drive there from NC, but, the last time I did it was ridiculously cheap and so handy even if staying onsite. Things might have changed, but, there is a huge amount of competition for rental places in that area and the Magic Prison Bus (aka... Magic Mouse Trap Transport) has cut business deeply causing a whole lot more desperation of rental companies.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's about as silly getting to Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf....You have to take a bus to a park or Springs transfer to Swolphin Busses just to get there...

NelleBelle

Renting a car solves more problems then anyone seems to imagine. It also provides easy access to external services and new experiences. I haven't had to rent a car in Florida for a decade now cause I'm close enough to drive there from NC, but, the last time I did it was ridiculously cheap and so handy even if staying onsite. Things might have changed, but, there is a huge amount of competition for rental places in that area and the Magic Prison Bus (aka... Magic Mouse Trap Transport) has cut business deeply causing a whole lot more desperation of rental companies.
Totally agree! Beside being at the mercy of the mouse transportation and wondering when (or if) a bus is going to show up (and those screens that supposedly tell you when the next bus is arriving, those are full of it), last time we were there, coming home from the Springs, we were packed in so tightly, it couldn't have been legal. If that bus had an accident, there would have been serious injuries. Besides, I have extremely bad neuropathy in my feet, and if I am lucky enough to make it through the parks without needing a wheelchair or scooter, I generally need to sit. The problem is that I am young and don't look like I have any disabilities, so getting a seat is a complete toss up. We'd rather just rent a car and not have to worry about it. We get back to the resort quicker, etc!

Tom P.

It's about as silly getting to Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf....You have to take a bus to a park or Springs transfer to Swolphin Busses just to get there...
And Winter Summerland requires a bus to Animal Kingdom and then a second bus to Blizzard Beach, which is next to WS. Seems like water parks and mini golf are not priorities for Disney transportation.

NelleBelle

And Winter Summerland requires a bus to Animal Kingdom and then a second bus to Blizzard Beach, which is next to WS. Seems like water parks and mini golf are not priorities for Disney transportation.
Which is a shame! I would think they would be trying to market their water parks with Volcano Bay having just recently opened. We're currently debating about whether or not we're going to be buying tickets that include VB or just the 2 Uni. park and using the 2 WDW waterparks exclusively that come with our tickets. We've been quite curious about VB but just don't know if we want to spend the extra $$ on US park tickets that will include it or not. Transportation-wise, won't make a difference with a rental car.

Tom P.

Which is a shame! I would think they would be trying to market their water parks with Volcano Bay having just recently opened. We're currently debating about whether or not we're going to be buying tickets that include VB or just the 2 Uni. park and using the 2 WDW waterparks exclusively that come with our tickets. We've been quite curious about VB but just don't know if we want to spend the extra $$ on US park tickets that will include it or not. Transportation-wise, won't make a difference with a rental car.
I don't know if you've been to the WDW water parks before or not. But FWIW, transportation issues aside, I am a big fan of them. I have not been to Volcano Bay, but if I had WDW tickets that include the water parks and was going to have to pay extra if I was going to VB, I'd be totally happy with the two WDW water parks.

NelleBelle

I don't know if you've been to the WDW water parks before or not. But FWIW, transportation issues aside, I am a big fan of them. I have not been to Volcano Bay, but if I had WDW tickets that include the water parks and was going to have to pay extra if I was going to VB, I'd be totally happy with the two WDW water parks.

We've been to the waterparks before and love them! I haven't been to TL since they took the snorkeling with the sharks activity out, so there are definitely some things to catch up on! I know when I was first reading/watching reviews of VB when they first opening, I definitely wasn't as impressed as I initially thought I was going to be (long waits before you could ride attractions, weight restrictions that seemed a little crazy if you're a tall male, etc) but wasn't sure how much of that was new park working kinks out, etc. I know I will definitely be happy with disney's water parks...just wish a 3rd could be in the works!

YJbates

Original Poster
Not great. It can be upwards of an hour each way. An Uber will be $10-$15 tops and can have you there in about 15 minutes.
Any tips for getting an Uber for a family of 11? I guess we could just order 2 UberXL ? I have signed up but have never used the service before.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Any tips for getting an Uber for a family of 11? I guess we could just order 2 UberXL ? I have signed up but have never used the service before.
Most likely. I have never tried an Uber with that many passengers. I would think the absolute worst case scenario would be having 2 Uber accounts and ordering 2 XLs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom