Poor quality has come up a lot.

Br0ckford

No politics and/or social issues.
Thank you.
This message should go along at the start of most new threads as a preemptive SHOOSH.
images.jpeg-1.jpg

Chi84

Premium Member
Disney is making *creative decisions* based on politics and social issues. This moderation policy can't possibly hold up in this environment.
There's a reason for it, though. It would be nice if people could discuss Disney's decisions rationally and respectfully, but anonymous Internet forums just don't lend themselves to that kind of discussion and they become impossible to moderate. The OP's initial post does have a film clip attributing a decline in park maintenance to Disney's *creative decisions* and I commented on it, which unfortunately started the decline into social commentary.

JIMINYCR

Repeated complaints are welcomed with thunderous applause. Backed up by all who agree. Those who disagree, well you are disregarded, rebuffed and are called out as pixie dusters. Even though we see problems and agree its not all perfect, we can still find enjoyment. But you cant stand to have any guests who post pleasure with a WDW trip.

Jrb1979

Yes! Because you know what’s more important?

Literally everything else in life.
I agree with everything else being more important in life. It's why I don't have any plans to visit the parks any time soon. I found other parks that my family enjoy for much cheaper.
Repeated complaints are welcomed with thunderous applause. Backed up by all who agree. Those who disagree, well you are disregarded, rebuffed and are called out as pixie dusters. Even though we see problems and agree its not all perfect, we can still find enjoyment. But you cant stand to have any guests who post pleasure with a WDW trip.
That's not true. The majority of people that have issues with the parks are happy you're still finding value in it. For many they value family time together over a lot of the changes to the parks.

Tony the Tigger

Oh, no. I can’t enjoy Small World if, despite hundreds of animatronics working beautifully, running non-stop all day every day, I noticed one drummer boy not drumming. (Gasp!) And it wasn’t fixed before my ride ended!

😉

Jrb1979

Oh, no. I can’t enjoy Small World if, despite hundreds of animatronics working beautifully, running non-stop all day every day, I noticed one drummer boy not drumming. (Gasp!) And it wasn’t fixed before my ride ended!

😉
Gasp! It's one thing if it's one effect not working but the fact that many are saying it's happening a lot is the problem.

Like I said those who enjoy the parks still seem to enjoy more for the family time. They don't worry about those things cause they are spending time with their family.

JIMINYCR

Gasp! It's one thing if it's one effect not working but the fact that many are saying it's happening a lot is the problem.

Like I said those who enjoy the parks still seem to enjoy more for the family time. They don't worry about those things cause they are spending time with their family.
Yes its about family time. You go on vacation for a break and enjoy time away. But its also enjoying all the attractions, shows, dining, entertainment, the things that make WDW unique, and other things youve found in the past that you return for. Just because there are some things off doesnt mean you cant find enough enjoyment and value in other aspects of your trip. I agree that there are many issues, changes, policies, costs that I dont like that differ since we first vacationed at WDW. Im not blind to those, I dont focus entirely on that. Everyone has their level of what they can accept or not. Just dont disregard me as a pixie duster because I can enjoy what you cant. And there are many singles or adults without kids that enjoy WDW as well.

Jrb1979

Yes its about family time. You go on vacation for a break and enjoy time away. But its also enjoying all the attractions, shows, dining, entertainment, the things that make WDW unique, and other things youve found in the past that you return for. Just because there are some things off doesnt mean you cant find enough enjoyment and value in other aspects of your trip. I agree that there are many issues, changes, policies, costs that I dont like that differ since we first vacationed at WDW. Im not blind to those, I dont focus entirely on that. Everyone has their level of what they can accept or not. Just dont disregard me as a pixie duster because I can enjoy what you cant. And there are many singles or adults without kids that enjoy WDW as well.
I don't disregard those that still enjoy it. For my family we have found other parks to take it's place. If Disney ever goes back to what it once was we will take our daughter for her first time.

DisneyfanMA

Unfortunately overflowing trash cans and dirty bathrooms are now a common experience, clean bathrooms used to be one of those unnoticed things that set Disney apart from everyone else, now their cleanliness is often on par with a gas station and it’s something that’s become noticeable

WDW bathrooms are on par with a gas station? That's pathetic if true. Overflowing trash and disgusting bathrooms are two things that should not be tolerated by either WDW or guests. I'll be looking on my visit (first since ~2012 and only 3rd ever).

Br0ckford

WDW bathrooms are on par with a gas station? That's pathetic if true. Overflowing trash and disgusting bathrooms are two things that should not be tolerated by either WDW or guests. I'll be looking on my visit (first since ~2012 and only 3rd ever).
It's hardly a common experience. We were there mid June and didn't se anything on par with gas station bathrooms. There may be many things I am disappointed in Walt Disney World with lately and plenty of room for improvement. But sometimes the hyperbole takes over way too hard.

DisneyfanMA

It's hardly a common experience. We were there mid June and didn't se anything on par with gas station bathrooms. There may be many things I am disappointed in Walt Disney World with lately and plenty of room for improvement. But sometimes the hyperbole takes over way too hard.

Good to hear. I keep hearing the place is a mess and 'dirty' with trash everywhere. Then I watch a walk through video and it's looks really good. I'm hoping these posts and claims are hyperbole and clickbait. And I'm not defending Chapek or mgmt who I think are indeed hurting the product and guest experience.

Vegas Disney Fan

I don’t know about WDW but having to wipe down a dirty toilet seat and seeing TP and paper towels on the floor is very common at DL now. Maybe people on the west coast have worse aim… I don’t recall it being that way pre-pandemic though.

eliza61nyc

I was there in April and definitely did not see rampant over flowing trash cans and I posted pictures of my bathroom breaks. (Which got me plenty of looks). SAW nothing remotely close to a gas station bathroom. P
Pretty much what we saw20210913_141929.jpg

Attachments

• 20210912_095931.jpg
    20210912_095931.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Rodj

😉
This isn’t the same compared to a ride such as Tower of Terror, where show quality is at its worst. The new projectors for the window projection in the hallway scene are displaying in black & white, the audio levels are completely messed up, speakers not working, drop sequences modified to be less intense, etc.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

😉

This isn’t the same compared to a ride such as Tower of Terror, where show quality is at its worst. The new projectors for the window projection in the hallway scene are displaying in black & white, the audio levels are completely messed up, speakers not working, drop sequences modified to be less intense, etc.

And of course the infamous Yeti 👹

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom