Poor quality has come up a lot.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Upkeep seemed pretty mediocre when I was still going to the parks. Have things gotten noticeably worse? It’s possible it was just a bad day.

Disneyfan_76

We noticed this in June as well. However, I will throw Disney a bone because the parks were extremely busy during the summer. However, 'preventive' maintenance probably would have gone a long way in this regard. We had at least two rides down in every park we went too each day over 7 days. It especially hurts in a park like Studios where both ToT, Runaway Railway, and RrC were all down most of the day. We ended up leaving early because of lack of things to do (and the heat). A week prior at Universal, we only had Poseidon and Dudley go down across 4 days.

Chef Mickey

This woman was really proud of being a "single mother." She said it over and over.

Also, her complaints were way too generic. "Disney has lost its magic." What specifically? "Rude" cast members? When? Where? Cast member attire "scares" her daughter. Really? What is a cast member wearing (they have uniforms) to scare your daughter?

This woman didn't provide any specific examples other than the one off video of Splash Mountain.

She also said, "every family should be able to enjoy that experience." No they shouldn't and Disney has no obligation to make that possible. This "Everyone deserves a chance to go to Disney" logic is absolutely insane.

And that isn't to say some of the maintenance, quality concerns aren't true. I just don't think it's as negative as these doom and gloomers make it out to be. And I go a lot more than once/yr with an AP, so I can confidently say it.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

This woman was really proud of being a "single mother." She said it over and over.

Also, her complaints were way too generic. "Disney has lost its magic." What specifically? "Rude" cast members? When? Where? Cast member attire "scares" her daughter. Really? What is a cast member wearing (they have uniforms) to scare your daughter?

This woman didn't provide any specific examples other than the one off video of Splash Mountain.

She also said, "every family should be able to enjoy that experience." No they shouldn't and Disney has no obligation to make that possible. This "Everyone deserves a chance to go to Disney" logic is absolutely insane.

And that isn't to say some of the maintenance, quality concerns, isn't true. I just don't think it's as negative as these doom and gloomers make it out to be. And I go a lot more than once/yr with an AP, so I can confidently say it.
Its not just those things that are the issue. When add in taking away Magic Express, the reservation system and Genie+ it all adds up to a lesser experience.

For many they ignore most of that and roll with it as their love for Disney is still high. For some one like me who was never infatuated with Disney to begin with these changes have made the parks worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiley/OCD

And that isn't to say some of the maintenance, quality concerns, and "woke" stuff isn't true. I just don't think it's as negative as these doom and gloomers make it out to be. And I go a lot more than once/yr with an AP, so I can confidently say it.
Katiebug? Is that you, Katiebug?

Vegas Disney Fan

I haven't noticed increased down time as much as rides running with more broken effects.
And for extended periods of time, I still haven’t seen Sarge move on Radiator Springs Racers or the boulder move at Indy since DLR reopened, that’s two major storyline effects down for over a year. Those are just two major examples, there’s dozens of small effects all across the parks that have been down for months or more.

Unfortunately overflowing trash cans and dirty bathrooms are now a common experience, clean bathrooms used to be one of those unnoticed things that set Disney apart from everyone else, now their cleanliness is often on par with a gas station and it’s something that’s become noticeable

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We noticed this in June as well. However, I will throw Disney a bone because the parks were extremely busy during the summer. However, 'preventive' maintenance probably would have gone a long way in this regard. We had at least two rides down in every park we went too each day over 7 days. It especially hurts in a park like Studios where both ToT, Runaway Railway, and RrC were all down most of the day. We ended up leaving early because of lack of things to do (and the heat). A week prior at Universal, we only had Poseidon and Dudley go down across 4 days.
Parks were busy in the summer?

…so much different than every year since 1971/1955, eh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom