Pools at other resorts

CgM2020

Original Poster
Can you spend a day at a different resorts pool? We are going in the fall and staying at AoA but the big blue pool will be closed and I wasn't sure if we could go to a different resorts pool. We are going to check out the other pools that are at AoA as well, just thought it would be fun to maybe take a day and go to experience a different resort.

COProgressFan

For the most part pool hopping is not officially allowed. If the pool is closed at your resort check with the front desk as they generally will have an alternative or you to use. Id AoA pool is closed they may let you use Pop Century.
No resort pool hopping is not allowed other than at resorts that share pools. AOA is not one of them.

Again, generally pool hopping is not permitted.

But there have been many times when pools were closed at a certain resort, and pool privileges were extended at a neighboring resort to compensate.

I don't believe this has been mentioned by Disney yet in regard to the Big Blue Pool. But as was mentioned, it is most likely that they will allow you to use the pools at Pop. More information should come out as it gets closer to the renovation.

NYwdwfan

Again, generally pool hopping is not permitted.

But there have been many times when pools were closed at a certain resort, and pool privileges were extended at a neighboring resort to compensate.

I don't believe this has been mentioned by Disney yet in regard to the Big Blue Pool. But as was mentioned, it is most likely that they will allow you to use the pools at Pop. More information should come out as it gets closer to the renovation.
We stayed at Boardwalk when the clown from It pool was closed and they told us they would bring us by golf cart to Stormalong Bay if we wanted to swim. It may be different at AoA since there are also pools by Cars and the Mermaid rooms but they don’t have nearly the capacity of the Big Blue Pool.

Club Cooloholic

Now that's one IP acquisition Disney definitely should have made, just for that pool & water slide alone. The fact that his catchphrase is "You'll Float Too" just makes it more ideal for a swimming pool tie-in.
Pennywise The Splashing Clown. Opportunity missed, Disney. ☹
Makes me think...Disney should open a haunted mansion horror hotel....

Fawn

If you're looking to go to another pool, this is my recommendation: Drive to Disney Springs. Hop on a boat to French Quarters resort. Spend as much time there as you want at that pool. There is a slide, nice pool, water spray fun area for kids. I've done that two times already with my little one. No one checks anything when you disembark the boat, and the pool is right next to the boat area. The first time, we didn't really do it to go swimming we just wanted to go on a free boat ride, and decided that it looked like a nice place to wander around, and we ended up letting my little one swim around for a bit. The last time last year, we went again specificaly to swim and then afterwards we took the boat to the Port Orleans next door and wandered around. They also have a pool area there, but you need to walk a bit further to get to it.

Vesty

We just came back from a trip at Pop where the Hippy Dippy pool and kiddie pool was closed. We asked the front desk if we could go to the Big Blue pool at AoA for their splash pad for our son and was told we were not allowed.

daisyduckie

If you're looking to go to another pool, this is my recommendation: Drive to Disney Springs. Hop on a boat to French Quarters resort. Spend as much time there as you want at that pool. There is a slide, nice pool, water spray fun area for kids. I've done that two times already with my little one. No one checks anything when you disembark the boat, and the pool is right next to the boat area. The first time, we didn't really do it to go swimming we just wanted to go on a free boat ride, and decided that it looked like a nice place to wander around, and we ended up letting my little one swim around for a bit. The last time last year, we went again specificaly to swim and then afterwards we took the boat to the Port Orleans next door and wandered around. They also have a pool area there, but you need to walk a bit further to get to it.

As long as you don't mind a little thing like breaking the rules get in your way, then this is okey dokey.:cautious: And I'm sure the people that pay to stay at POFQ don't mine that the one pool they have at that resort gets used by other guests.:rolleyes:

jaklgreen

I am really curious as to why you think that using the amenities at a hotel that you are not staying at is OK. I mean, would you go to a random hotel in your home city and just go and use the pool without being a customer? What is it about WDW that makes people feel entitled to just use whatever they want? Every resort is it's own hotel. Just like if you were staying at a Hyatt place hotel in Chicago, you would not go to the Park Hyatt downtown and use their pool even though they are both owned by the same company. But people seem to think that this is OK at WDW. Why?

Vesty

We suspected such! So, many speculate AoA peeps can use Pop's pool.......didn't/doesn't seem equitable
Well none of POP’s pools are “protected” by a magic band reader like the Big Blue pool is, so while officially it’s probably frowned upon there isn’t anything stopping AOA folks from coming over. We did notice that AOA’s side pools didn’t require a magic band, but idk if it’s really worth the effort to go to those instead of just using the bowling or computer pool at POP. In our case the splash pad was the primary thing we were really interested in, so we were SOL.

Dad 2 M & M

Well none of POP’s pools are “protected” by a magic band reader like the Big Blue pool is, so while officially it’s probably frowned upon there isn’t anything stopping AOA folks from coming over. We did notice that AOA’s side pools didn’t require a magic band, but idk if it’s really worth the effort to go to those instead of just using the bowling or computer pool at POP. In our case the splash pad was the primary thing we were really interested in, so we were SOL.
Pop pool gates aren't touchpad entry? I was not aware of that

The Mom

Premium Member
Back in the 90's, pool hopping was allowed, and in fact encouraged, as a perk for staying on site. That policy has long been discontinued though.

It had been discontinued by the time I started posting here - but that didn't stop the pool hopping threads from continuing to pop up every year or so. With lots of unethical suggestions given in how to use them without getting caught.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom