Pool Hopping?

M

Mr Lightbeer

Original Poster
Our friends have recently returned from WDW.While they were at the Poly pool they were informed that the day before C.M's were asking to see proof that people were guests at the Poly.Several people that were not guests were asked to leave.Has this happened to anyone?

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 210

Disneynut

I have only been "carded" once, when using Stormalong Bay at Yacht/Beach. I know that officially the pools are only for the use of the resort guests. Speaking with a lifeguard at Wilderness Lodge, he said they routinely have to ask people from Fort Wilderness to leave the pool area.

WDW-Imagineer

I think the only resort where this was allowed was Port Orleans-Dixie Landings (at least I did and wasn't caught). But now since it is one resort, it shouldn't matter.

Ariel

I was also "carded" only once at the Yacht and Beach Club....but that wasn't exactly anything to do with swimming....oh never mind.:rolleyes:

DisneyFreak

I had noticed this as well. Last trip down we were staying at Boardwalk and they were asking for people's resort ID's everyday.

I feel if you're staying at one of the Disney resorts you should be able to swim at any of the pools at any one of the resorts. We also went over to Yacht and Beach while staying at Boardwalk and didn't have any problem swimming in their pool.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Ariel
I was also "carded" only once at the Yacht and Beach Club....but that wasn't exactly anything to do with swimming....oh never mind.:rolleyes:

hmmmm so what did u actually get carded for??? lol ;-)

Tramp

Last year, they had CMs checking resort IDs at the Beach Club pool...mostly during the day hours.

We've pooled hop....best thing to do is tell them you haven't checked in yet and were told you could use the pool. They normally leave you alone....unless you look like a terrorist.

lileonard

Banned
this might not go along with the post but i heard that at animal kingdom lodge, if you are not a guest there or dont have reservations of some kind there you will not be permitted into the resort, is this true?

The Mom

Premium Member
Because it is so different from the other resorts. It is a hotel with a zoo attached. If anyone could just drive in & walk around looking at the animals, there wouldn't be any room for the guests staying there! Also, I suspect there might be security problems. When we stayed there, everyone had to sign a release stating that we understood that if we were seen feeding the animals , dropping or throwing anything into the animal area, or entering any restricted area, we would be evicted from the hotel immediately,and liable for any damage to the animals. I can't remember if we would be banned from other hotels, also. There are cameras everywhere, but all of the guests know this and agree to survelience.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Original Poster
Originally posted by Seano846
Answer: look 4 posts up from this one

;)

I am guessing you're about 8 years old so I'll make allowances but the post you're refering to was 4 posts up not 3 as you originally put.
Seeing as you corrected this mistake I will let you off with a warning but for all you N/A s like yourself,sillyspook and monorail lime who calls himself WDW Imagineer now,please keep up to speed with the big people!!!

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 149

jay_london

I think you are more likely to get checked if you look like a drunk northerner. So try to act sober, take off the knotted hanky and act casual. If you are a drunken northerner don't bother trying, you can be spotted a mile away Disney CM's are trined to spot you:D :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom