Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Disneyland or Walt Disney World DISCUSSION

Where in the American Parks would you like to see or experience that attraction?

• Total voters

Braden20

Original Poster
Would you like to see Pooh's Hunny Hunt from Tokyo Disneyland to either come to Anaheim's Disneyland Resort or Orlando's Walt Disney World Resort?

Giss Neric

It would be better if converting it to Hunny Hunt was one of the 50 new things for the 50th but it's not or maybe it is but just not gonna be ready for the 50th next year.

Brer Panther

I personally love our Winnie the Pooh ride as is. Sure, it's not nearly as mind-blowing as Hunny Hunt but I think it's an example of how you can make a fun ride even if the budget's not super-high. If they refurbished it by upgrading the animatronics (making them look fuzzier, having their mouths move, etc.) and adding new special effects, I'd be up for that. But I don't think they need to tear out the ride and stick a Hunny Hunt clone in there.

Disneyland's Pooh ride sucks, though.

Raineman

The name Pooh offends me-it refers to a disgusting bodily waste, and it is in no way appropriate for a Disney theme park. I'm going to start a petition to remove all defecation references in this attraction. And, Piglet is a derogatory term, referring to a small person with weight issues, and can cause self-confidence and self-image issues if used towards someone. I'm thoroughly disgusted by this, and I'm reporting this thread to the admins.

The Grand Inquisitor

The name Pooh offends me-it refers to a disgusting bodily waste, and it is in no way appropriate for a Disney theme park. I'm going to start a petition to remove all defecation references in this attraction. And, Piglet is a derogatory term, referring to a small person with weight issues, and can cause self-confidence and self-image issues if used towards someone. I'm thoroughly disgusted by this, and I'm reporting this thread to the admins.
1593463631539.png

NelleBelle

Considering how Disney fails to keep things maintained in the US parks, I don't think I would want a trackless ride in Disney because deep down I know that they would never maintain it well enough that you would be able to expect it to be running most of the time.
I think DLR keeps their parks pretty well maintained. Whenever we visit, very rarely are rides down for unexpected maintenance the entire visit. And yes, I realize, they only have the 2 parks, but DLR also seems cleaner. I don't see the litter everywhere that I tend to see when we visit WDW 😕

thomas998

I think DLR keeps their parks pretty well maintained. Whenever we visit, very rarely are rides down for unexpected maintenance the entire visit. And yes, I realize, they only have the 2 parks, but DLR also seems cleaner. I don't see the litter everywhere that I tend to see when we visit WDW 😕
I would agree that DLR keeps things better maintained, although I think the biggest reason for that is that they are much more likely to shut a ride down to work on it. It took use several years of taking the kids to DL before they actually got a chance to experience every one of the rides because if you don't go in the summer you will always have lots of rides down for work. WDW isn't quite like that and seems to be of the mindset that the only work on a ride if it fails too much otherwise they run it until it breaks.

Scuttle

I personally love our Winnie the Pooh ride as is. Sure, it's not nearly as mind-blowing as Hunny Hunt but I think it's an example of how you can make a fun ride even if the budget's not super-high. If they refurbished it by upgrading the animatronics (making them look fuzzier, having their mouths move, etc.) and adding new special effects, I'd be up for that. But I don't think they need to tear out the ride and stick a Hunny Hunt clone in there.

Disneyland's Pooh ride sucks, though.

I like the outdoor queue and load station though.

HongKongFooy

Would you like to see Pooh's Hunny Hunt from Tokyo Disneyland to either come to Anaheim's Disneyland Resort or Orlando's Walt Disney World Resort?

No,
....... for the life of me I can't imagine how anyone would want such an attraction with world class notoriety--- commonly considered one of the top 10 rides within the 12 Disney park chain--- in US parks.

(was that a real question you're asking us?)

HongKongFooy

Considering how Disney fails to keep things maintained in the US parks, I don't think I would want a trackless ride in Disney because deep down I know that they would never maintain it well enough

I'm not understanding why you're saying that.....

Did US Disney have a particularly poor track record on its maintenance of Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride(Rat is untested in the field and Micky Railway is way too new to know about maintenance) as opposed to other attractions?

thomas998

I'm not understanding why you're saying that.....

Did US Disney have a particularly poor track record on its maintenance of Universe of Energy and Great Movie Ride(Rat is untested in the field and Micky Railway is way too new to know about maintenance) as opposed to other attractions?
You just have to look at the Yeti and the poor track record of other minor things the have tried on Pirates over the years. If you can't keep the little things running then something new and more complicated isn't going to magically be easier for them to deal with. Great Movie ride is a completely different format than a trackless Pooh ride, just watch video or two of the trackless pooh and you'll see the complications of it are on another level above Movie Ride which is probably more in league with the parking lot trams as far as how it worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom