Ponchos

sillyspook13

Original Poster
What do you think about ponchos? Do you see them as a necessity? Do you wear one only if it is pouring outside? Are you too busy hiding in the nearest gift shop to worry about wearing a poncho? Or wouuld you use the rain to your advantage, taking the time to move effortlessly through the parks without the crowds, getting thoroughly soaked while doing so? (and after ringing your jacket out 6 times, it's still dripping wet two days later ;) )

bonbon

I'm completely against ponchos. I think people should suck it up! I remember we used to go to Discovery Island all the time and it rained just about every time we were there. We had so much fun running around dripping wet. We hid under those huge palm tree leaves that are close to the ground for a second or two to escape the rain. :)

bonbon

I'm completely against ponchos. I think people should suck it up! I remember we used to go to Discovery Island all the time and it rained just about every time we were there. We had so much fun running around dripping wet. We hid under those huge palm tree leaves that are close to the ground for a second or two to escape the rain. :)

The Mom

Premium Member
If it looks like rain, or in the summer, I always have one with me. In another post I talk about my technique for wearing it, and because I live here, I can usually tell within 30 mins when it will rain. As soon as I'm sure, the poncho goes on! While others are huddled somewhere trying to keep dry, or waiting in line to purchase one, I'm walking on a ride. Also, getting soaked is OK as long as you stay outside. Unfortunately, all of the buildings are kept at sub-arctic temperatures. ;)

JAY-ROD

I'm usually taking adavantage of the rain. people are in while iis raining and i'm inline geting on a ride. lol

Ah, the rain. A magnificent thing, it is. Lines for the rides? None at all. I must say it's amusing to walk leisurely past all of those poor people hudled under whatever cover they can find whilst wearing my nice water-proof poncho. Sigh...

MCMike37

There was a thread much like this a while back where I expressed my feelings. Nope. Never. 1) I don't want to carry it around 2) I'd rather be soaked then look like the masses in yellow 3) WDW is just more fun in the rain!:D:D

Tramp

Originally posted by sillyspook13
What do you think about ponchos? Do you see them as a necessity? Do you wear one only if it is pouring outside? Are you too busy hiding in the nearest gift shop to worry about wearing a poncho? Or wouuld you use the rain to your advantage, taking the time to move effortlessly through the parks without the crowds, getting thoroughly soaked while doing so? (and after ringing your jacket out 6 times, it's still dripping wet two days later ;) )

Getting soaked in a quick storm is kinda fun when its hot. I find no comfort in walking around wet at night or when I plan on sitting down for a long meal...(this is a sign of getting old).

mightyduck

Re: Re: Ponchos

Originally posted by Tramp

Getting soaked in a quick storm is kinda fun when its hot. I find no comfort in walking around wet at night or when I plan on sitting down for a long meal...(this is a sign of getting old).

Oh, I knew I was getting old... :(

I usually just get wet because poncho care is such a big responsibility to me...

hadleybarth

I find keeping up with ponchos much more of a botehr than getting drenched. We hade a great time walking onto ride after ride during a downpour in May. It was very hot, and I will never understand while the same people who wait in line for Splash Mountain hoping to get drenched suddenly run for cover when Motehr Nature provides the same effect with no wait.

Tapestry2000

Originally posted by marciahahn
If it looks like rain, or in the summer, I always have one with me. In another post I talk about my technique for wearing it, and because I live here, I can usually tell within 30 mins when it will rain. As soon as I'm sure, the poncho goes on! While others are huddled somewhere trying to keep dry, or waiting in line to purchase one, I'm walking on a ride. Also, getting soaked is OK as long as you stay outside. Unfortunately, all of the buildings are kept at sub-arctic temperatures. ;)

Sometimes we bring them with us and it never rains, and on the days that it does rain we don't bring them...once you're in those ponchos you become part of the "Disney Army"

Beauty and the

I have to admit that I'm one of those sad people that puts her poncho on at the first sign of rain, living in the North West of England I get wet often enough at home without getting soaked on vacation wearing my poncho means I can still do all those wonderful things as I don't run for cover

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom