Poly's Tiki God and Drum gone

Tater48

Original Poster
The Tiki God and his Drum were removed from the Polynesian Lobby last night. Unknown when, where or if He might return. As of now, He is resting comfortably in a storage trailer. He was removed to make room for a brand new DVC desk.

10547425_10202068794880785_439292701392483304_n.jpg
10390321_10202068794520776_2401482962685030344_n.jpg

Last edited:

MKCP 1985

please don't let this turn into the torches on the beach discussion. :)

When visiting any public area of Walt Disney World, I see DVC kiosks and wonder if there are any well kept secrets at Disney World and then, after I walk about 50 feet farther, wonder why I can't find some place willing to sell me a time share. :)

tikiman

There will be a whole DVC room just down the hall towards Captain Cook’s (directly behind the Pineapple Lanai) so I don’t believe this was moved for that reason. Someone suggested it may be moved to put a Christmas tree and while I have not had any confirmation on that it seems like a good theory.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There will be a whole DVC room just down the hall towards Captain Cook’s (directly behind the Pineapple Lanai) so I don’t believe this was moved for that reason. Someone suggested it may be moved to put a Christmas tree and while I have not had any confirmation on that it seems like a good theory.
That sounds very likely. There are not a lot of places to squeeze a tree in on the lower level.

tikiman

That sounds very likely. There are not a lot of places to squeeze a tree in on the lower level.

If this is the case then I think that supports my information that the walls in the GCH will not be down by Thanksgiving like some have reported or even by Christmas. If they were they would not need to remove the tiki for anything.

Tater48

Original Poster

According to WDI and Resort Management, the DVC desk is going to now occupy this spot. The DVC office is directly across from there.

tikiman

According to WDI and Resort Management, the DVC desk is going to now occupy this spot. The DVC office is directly across from there.

I just saw that is said that DVC offices were occupying the area behind the Pineapple Lanai in the plans, I did not see a desk where the tiki was. Maybe I missed that.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Apologies for bumping this, but did a Christmas tree ever go up in this spot (or elsewhere in the lobby of the Polynesian)?

Sage of Time

That thing was ugly and tacky- not exactly in line with the tiki aesthetic the place needs.

But I'm also not too happy that it's a DVC location now, either.

eh.

Victor Kelly

I think they need DVC at the tolls, at every single "turnstile", at every attraction exit and at every eatery. And they need to include a DVC scene in every attraction as well.

POLY LOVER

The entire lobby renovation is just horrible. They removed a huge trpoical waterfall with a small pile of rocks. Whoever designed the new lobby should lose their job. How in the world could you take a hotel called the Polynesian and theme the lobby without any tropical WOW factor. I couldn't believe it when I saw it for the first time. THEY BASCIALLY RUINED THE LOBBY AND FEEL OF THE HOTEL. It kills me to say it but I have to be honest. Someone please revisit the changes and insert some of the old lobby feels back into the POLYS Lobby. PLEASE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom