Polynesian Villas & Bungalow vs. Polynesian Village Resort

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have two daughters, so basically there will be three woman in that room. As is at home, I have little opportinity to be in the bathroom ;)

They'll want the larger bathroom, leaving you with the amazing shower, lol.

Both my daughter and SIL are bathroom hogs. And his showers last 30 minutes, lol. I've learned if we are sharing a bathroom at a DVC resort, to jump in first.

correcaminos

I have two daughters, so basically there will be three woman in that room. As is at home, I have little opportinity to be in the bathroom ;)
Uh yeah the DVC studio will be great and they'll likely want the full bathroom area as it is larger. Three sinks (though one at the kitchenette) and two areas to get ready in a bathroom in the morning. That stand alone shower is amazing though. Even though the lighting is better in the bathroom I took the half bath for myself. It was so nice!

I personally like the location of the DVC buildings more and am pleased they are DVC. All rooms have a balcony/patio which the other rooms do not have on the 2nd floor. The rooms are the largest out of the standard rooms types. I also much prefer being closer to the TTC for travel than the main buildings. I toss up between loving Moorea and Tokelau.

Concierge is really nice though... but that shower in the studio is a dream...

correcaminos

I always thought the Poly lava pool was small, it's pretty, and the volcano is beautiful, but it's small.
The slide is not however! Truth be told we never felt the pool was too small for the crowds at least. To me that's key to a good pool or not in addition to a good slide!

21stamps

I always thought the Poly lava pool was small, it's pretty, and the volcano is beautiful, but it's small.

I’ve never felt that way.. I always thought it was a good size. I wonder if it’s smaller than some of the others comparitively. Maybe the zero entry makes it feel bigger.

I’m going to agree with Helena on a slide making a pool or not! A good slide is definitely the criteria for my child.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Well, I bit the bullet and switched to a pool view room, with two queen beds. That increased the price, as I'm still unable to find any discounts. I opted to upgrade for a couple of reasons.
1. Studio only had a single queen bed, and sleeping a full week on a pull-out couch would get old.
2. We'll have a family member who will stay with us, has back issues, so she'll be taking the queen bed, no at least have more options.
3. Closer to the action, and I think my kids will enjoy this more and simplify life.

Overall reasons #1 and 2 are the major factors. I'll keep checking daily to see if another lower priced room opens up at the poly

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well, I bit the bullet and switched to a pool view room, with two queen beds. That increased the price, as I'm still unable to find any discounts. I opted to upgrade for a couple of reasons.
1. Studio only had a single queen bed, and sleeping a full week on a pull-out couch would get old.
2. We'll have a family member who will stay with us, has back issues, so she'll be taking the queen bed, no at least have more options.
3. Closer to the action, and I think my kids will enjoy this more and simplify life.

Overall reasons #1 and 2 are the major factors. I'll keep checking daily to see if another lower priced room opens up at the poly

I've spent a couple of nights on those pullouts.... More suited to kids than adults. It's unfortunate, though, that you lost the 2 bathrooms.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
I've spent a couple of nights on those pullouts.... More suited to kids than adults. It's unfortunate, though, that you lost the 2 bathrooms.
Tbh, the two bathroom option really doesn't entice or excite me, so losing that is a non-issue.

I know for a fact that I would be sleeping on that pull out bed, so there was some selfish motivation ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom