Polynesian Proposal

Joshua Porter

Original Poster
Hi all,

Looking for some advice from anyone who might know or who has done this before. We are arriving at WDW in two weeks time and I am looking to propose on the beach at Luau Cove. I'm not too bothered about having someone present to take photos or video as I would quite like it to be relatively quiet and just us. Ideally, it will be around sunset if my timing works. My main worry is getting the ring in to the Polynesian without her knowing. Last time we visited, there were no metal detectors. Does anyone have any advice?

DisneyDayDreamer

Currently at the Poly there aren't any metal detectors, so you should be fine getting the ring in. Depending on the time of year the beach may be closed for "renovations." It is always a safe bet to have a back up plan and attempt to do it a night that the resort doesn't have a movie (those are normally near the beach area and it could be crowded). My last tip would be to NOT notify any reservations or the front desk until after you propose. You don't want someone to accidentally pop the question for you lol. I hope this helped! Best of luck.

Joshua Porter

Original Poster
Currently at the Poly there aren't any metal detectors, so you should be fine getting the ring in. Depending on the time of year the beach may be closed for "renovations." It is always a safe bet to have a back up plan and attempt to do it a night that the resort doesn't have a movie (those are normally near the beach area and it could be crowded). My last tip would be to NOT notify any reservations or the front desk until after you propose. You don't want someone to accidentally pop the question for you lol. I hope this helped! Best of luck.

Thank you so much for the help. I could have sworn I heard there were bag checks and metal detectors at the Deluxe resorts on Seven Seas nowadays. I wouldn't ever want to try and bypass security, if anything I think it s a great thing. However in all my planning, I only just realised that that may have been a possibility and started to panic! Thank you so much!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the help. I could have sworn I heard there were bag checks and metal detectors at the Deluxe resorts on Seven Seas nowadays. I wouldn't ever want to try and bypass security, if anything I think it s a great thing. However in all my planning, I only just realised that that may have been a possibility and started to panic! Thank you so much!
The security checks at the monorail resorts are for boarding the monorail only. Guests arriving at the Poly do not go through any security screening at the resort.

Joshua Porter

Original Poster
A report on the event would be nice.....and congrats in advance

I'll make sure to report back on this thread when it is all done haha. I have no worries about her saying yes as we have discussed it, but she has no idea it will on this trip as I have played the "not in the same year as disney" card, so she really has no clue. So much so that she is actively quite disappointed that my brother may be engaged before us as he has started saving for a ring. I'm not feeling good about all this lying :D but I'm hoping a sunset beach proposal, followed by our reservation at California Grill will make for a perfect evening and one to remember forever!

DisneyDayDreamer

I'll make sure to report back on this thread when it is all done haha. I have no worries about her saying yes as we have discussed it, but she has no idea it will on this trip as I have played the "not in the same year as disney" card, so she really has no clue. So much so that she is actively quite disappointed that my brother may be engaged before us as he has started saving for a ring. I'm not feeling good about all this lying :D but I'm hoping a sunset beach proposal, followed by our reservation at California Grill will make for a perfect evening and one to remember forever!

Are y'all going to California Grill during the time that you can watch the fireworks? If there happens to be a problem with the beach idea, you can always propose on the viewing platform during the fireworks. Just giving you some backup plans! Can't wait for the follow up. Good Luck!

Joshua Porter

Original Poster
Are y'all going to California Grill during the time that you can watch the fireworks? If there happens to be a problem with the beach idea, you can always propose on the viewing platform during the fireworks. Just giving you some backup plans! Can't wait for the follow up. Good Luck!

We are actually, so that’s my backup plan sorted! Our reservation is 7:30pm, so maybe by the time we have finished eating then we could retire to the viewing platform and that could be the time should option one fail! Whatever happens, I’ll be proposing that day, one way or another haha. Thanks so much for the help, I’ll definitely update the day after and hopefully it occurs as magically as hoped!

Joshua Porter

Original Poster
She said yes!

Thank you for the help on here and alleviating my stress. It went absolutely perfect, just as the sun was going down and the beach was completely empty, nobody on the pathways or even on their balconies. Absolutely over the moon!!

Attachments

• 7DB4B921-4DF0-4BFC-AC81-EDFC33DDBD98.jpeg
    7DB4B921-4DF0-4BFC-AC81-EDFC33DDBD98.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 146

Driver

She said yes!

Thank you for the help on here and alleviating my stress. It went absolutely perfect, just as the sun was going down and the beach was completely empty, nobody on the pathways or even on their balconies. Absolutely over the moon!!
Congratulations, the ring is nice good choice. Truly happy for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom