Polynesian in August

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone hear any rumors about something happening at the Poly in August? I just went on and looked and there are no DVC studio rooms available for a roughly 6 week period starting second week in August. I have a room booked 8/25-8/29 and would like to know now if the rooms won’t be available. When I booked yesterday all those days were available. Maybe just a system glitch or something.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Anyone hear any rumors about something happening at the Poly in August? I just went on and looked and there are no DVC studio rooms available for a roughly 6 week period starting second week in August. I have a room booked 8/25-8/29 and would like to know now if the rooms won’t be available. When I booked yesterday all those days were available. Maybe just a system glitch or something.
Does seem kinda weird. Haven't heard of anything going on, but might be related to the ongoing Poly construction.
1611751285286.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does seem kinda weird. Haven't heard of anything going on, but might be related to the ongoing Poly construction.
View attachment 527004
Yes, considering every one of those days was available on Monday and all gone on Tuesday. I heard on Disboards that it may be something to do with a soft goods refurb for the rooms and that something similar happened for dates in May and then they were back available a week or so later.

BeautyBelle

Oh no! I just looked yesterday at early September hoping it would be available at our 7 month mark. Everything was available then. Hopefully they show up again.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, considering every one of those days was available on Monday and all gone on Tuesday. I heard on Disboards that it may be something to do with a soft goods refurb for the rooms and that something similar happened for dates in May and then they were back available a week or so later.
Soft goods replacement would make sense, as that can be done fairly quickly.

nickys

Premium Member
They already announced the soft goods refurb was being brought forward from 2022. That was at the members meeting back in December.

How come so many people seem to have missed it? 🙅‍♀️

correcaminos

They already announced the soft goods refurb was being brought forward from 2022. That was at the members meeting back in December.

Probably because it was much harder to get info this year vs last since people weren't there to livestream.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster

I don’t own at Poly just booking a room there so not really up to speed on refurbs there. I also didn‘t know they would just randomly take 6 weeks worth of rooms offline at once for that type of refurb. I thought they would stagger it taking a floor at a time for a week or however long it takes. I got my room booked on Monday and then they took them all off line on Tuesday. I guess I should consider it lucky timing.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t own at Poly just booking a room there so not really up to speed on refurbs there. I also didn‘t know they would just randomly take 6 weeks worth of rooms offline at once for that type of refurb. I thought they would stagger it taking a floor at a time for a week or however long it takes. I got my room booked on Monday and then they took them all off line on Tuesday. I guess I should consider it lucky timing.
Initially they took rooms out of service in May & June, but those dates appear to have opened up again. Suggesting the refurb has been pushed back until after the regular rooms are finished.

Normally they would probably do one longhouse at a time, and they may well be doing that anyway. If there are already a lot of rooms booked they’ll just have taken the rest out so they can consolidate everyone already booked into the available long houses.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Initially they took rooms out of service in May & June, but those dates appear to have opened up again. Suggesting the refurb has been pushed back until after the regular rooms are finished.

Normally they would probably do one longhouse at a time, and they may well be doing that anyway. If there are already a lot of rooms booked they’ll just have taken the rest out so they can consolidate everyone already booked into the available long houses.
That all makes sense. We are still just outside the 7 month window for September, and they may have just enough rooms already booked to place people into either a single longhouse or two of them. If it's 6 weeks, they know that the replacements can be done in 2 weeks for each longhouse, so that when they take one longhouse out of service for the refurb, the other one or two are already fully booked, so no availability.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
I booked a lake view room which from what I understand are only one side of the hall (lake facing) in the Moorea building. I assume they will have to do one floor at a time since they can’t move people to another long house, unless they just put me in a standard view room which I guess would mean a refund of some points. I hope it’s not too loud of dirty with construction going on. Maybe they will end up delaying it again.

correcaminos

I booked a lake view room which from what I understand are only one side of the hall (lake facing) in the Moorea building. I assume they will have to do one floor at a time since they can’t move people to another long house, unless they just put me in a standard view room which I guess would mean a refund of some points. I hope it’s not too loud of dirty with construction going on. Maybe they will end up delaying it again.
This is more of my assumption. Yes lake view is only Moorea on the north side. My guess is also floor or sections of longhouses at a time. Otherwise you take out 1/3 of the rooms at a time if you did it by longhouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom