Polynesian/Hawaiian Ride ideas, theming, etc.

Chad

Original Poster
Polynesian/Hawaiin Ridde ideas, theming, etc.

What else can I say, brainstorm guys! I got nothing for this section

WeirdOne

I say we have it resembe the Polynesian Hotel somewhat. Also, have it around the base of a volcano. Have Atlantis diffuse into it. Clone JttCotE in the volcano. Also, need a cool jungl show. The WeirdOne :D

DisJosh

Hey Chad! I'm soooo sorry I've forgoten all about those sketches you asked for! I've got a few days off now so I'll be sure to work on em...

sorry!

Chad

Original Poster
I will wait patiently by my mailbox... :)
OK, great, we have a volcano with JTOCoE in it...Someone wanna script the ride out? It would be nice :) I don't know much about it...

I think some nice side attractions would fit in here as well...What happened to all those ideas? I know a few of you just couldn't wait to put down ideas...

WeirdOne

Over Thanksgiving, I'll do the JttCotE script and the ride thru. Maybe a drawing or two...

Yes, Legendia is DEFINATELY on the backburner. Maybe I should even scale it down majorly, but nows not the time to do that...

The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
OK, here's an idea I got. It's a little sketchy, and still being worked on...But..here goes..
Basically, I was trying to think of a way to use a 'gravitron' in a theme park setting. A gravitron is one of those rides that you stand in, and it spins around really fast, and you get stuck against the walls...Well, For the polynesian land, I was thinking you could have
"Chamber of The Tiki Gods"
The building would be behind a large waterfall, and three 'show rooms' would be there. The story is still a bit sketchy, but basically, you would stumble into An ancient tiki burial chamber. A show would go on in the middle of the room, and would end with the tiki's trying to, well, kill you. (The rooms spins really really fast) some how, they fail, and you escape..
Feedback?

Chad

Original Poster
::Chuckles::
Well, gravitrons do make some people sick, but I think part of it is due to the loud and annoying techno music, the bright strobe lights, dirty conditions, and bad air circulation.
This ride would definetly be cleaned up...
Maybe it would go a little slower, and not be as intense, too. Customer satisfaction is a KEY proirity. We'd need to consult an expert to see what kind of conditions would lower the vomit rate for this ride...

ranger, thats exactly what we were thinking! I also think it would be neat if we could put in a lake in this land, and give it a 'beachy' feel...Have waterfalls empty into the lake, and rivers with volcanic rock in it flowing all over the place..

space*mt*ranger

Originally posted by Chad

ranger, thats exactly what we were thinking! I also think it would be neat if we could put in a lake in this land, and give it a 'beachy' feel...Have waterfalls empty into the lake, and rivers with volcanic rock in it flowing all over the place..

exactly, maybe have a boat ride in that lake.i dont think that jttcote fits here i think that it would fit in a european land if we had one, i think fire mtn should be in the volcano instead.

WeirdOne

No Fire Mountain, it was a dumb rumour started by someone and everyone believes it. I strongly object to the idea of Fire Mountain for various Disney ride reasons. Plus the fact that some idiot made the rumour up. The WeirdOne :D

space*mt*ranger

Originally posted by WeirdOne
No Fire Mountain, it was a dumb rumour started by someone and everyone believes it. I strongly object to the idea of Fire Mountain for various Disney ride reasons. Plus the fact that some idiot made the rumour up. The WeirdOne :D

i know it was just a dumb rumor what i meant to say was something like fire mtn but still i dont think jttcote fits the theme

if you all dont remember, I was one of the first creative developmetn guys here, and if Disney2B was still here you would know that putting Fire Mountain (my version) as the great attraction in Polynesian was my idea. I jsut ook disneys name. Look at the past posts to se the pics of it.

WeirdOne

A disagree with Fire Mountain. I am opposed to that idea.

Something similar to Fire Mountain, like the legend of the Tiki Fire God - (Forgot His Name)...

But, I am strongly opposed to Fire Mountain.

That felt good :animwink:

The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
Hmm..I encourage you both to write up scripts (or send your ideas to a script writer, which includes myself) then, we'll vote on the two ideas. Or perhaps we may be able to mix the two together..

a script? Ill make this short and sweet. The ride goes as follows. You are a traveler on the Hawiian Isle Tours, which includes a stop to the dorment volcano. dorment means not active (you with me?) Using a special "SUV with fire and heat resistant tires (not lava) you travel around the mountain visiting different parts of the volcanic region. like all disney rides there will be radio signal from teh tour guide. soon you realize somethings gone wrong when the ground starts rumbeling and your tires blow up. the guide loses contact and you begin a decend down the volcano from the top when you hit a crack in the mountain drags you in on a roller coaster ride inside the volcano. you travel around nearly missing lava pits and low bridges (all that good stuff) finally you land on a rock which is getting pushed up by the flow of lava and you spit out the top of the volcano. once out your suv lands on a secluded safe area where it comes to a complete stop. when leaving you see your SUV is all beat up (joke) and you leave the area as it being evacuated. this story was just thrown together, eat away at it....deconstruct it. ...but love it....(sigh)...

WeirdOne

Go with the Fire Mountain idea, but that is not a legend, and I HATE THE FACT THAT THE RIDE HAS TO LEAVE THE VOLCANO. It is sooo unrealistic. It makes the volcano look like Six Flags. I agree with his script and idea. I am just opposed to it leaving the mountain. And the fact that is not a legend. Thanks! I hope I wasn't too harsh. The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom