Polynesian club level?

Marianm

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed here? I’m thinking of trying to move to club level (if available). We stayed in club level at AKL a few months ago and I was not impressed. Wondering if it’s worth it for Poly?

Joeamc

Has anyone stayed here? I’m thinking of trying to move to club level (if available). We stayed in club level at AKL a few months ago and I was not impressed. Wondering if it’s worth it for Poly?
I have stayed in it once. I thought it was great. the lounge in the Hawaii building was nice and spacious. 2 story windows overlooking 7 seas lagoon was really nice. Nice views day and night. You can watch the MK fireworks from there. They pipe in the music. Friendly and hardworking staff. There was always good food in there. Free adult beverages all day was nice. If you want too bring a beer out to the pool, the staff is happy to put it in a plastic cup for you. It was also steps away from the main pool which was nice. Overall really great experience.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

If you weren't impressed with AKL Club level, then you won't be with the Poly. The trips I've done for 2019 are the GF, AKL, and Contemporary. I've noticed that the Poly lounge is a much more lively lounge, and I think it reflects the general nature of the resort. The AKL I thought was very well done and the variety and spreads were much better than other resorts. I haven't done the Poly this year, but I'm booked for it February 2020. My personal favorite has been the Contemporary Club Lounge, but perhaps because the Contemporary has the smallest number of concierge rooms, and they have have two concierge lounges on 12 and 14.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I have only stayed CL at the Contemporary so I cannot speak for any other resort.
My question to you though is what were you unimpressed with exactly?
We had extremely limited interactions with the CM's up there as we just really didn't need anything.
They were always pleasant though and we did see them interact and help other guests in a positive way.
Our main reason for staying CL was for the lounge and we were surprisingly able to get a TON of use out of it.
We had breakfast for 4 days, got Contempo Cafe QS one day and went up there to eat it so we had a quiet place to relax and didn't have to purchase a drink to go with our meal, ate 3 amazing dinners, and 3 nights of desserts and drinks.
We were quite satisfied with our overall experience in CL.

Zé_Carioca

I haven't stayed CL at AKL to compare but I have stayed at Poly and others (BC, WL and CS). Poly was one of my least favorites, if not the least. It just felt less special, and therefore less worth it to me. They have its own building which might be appealing to some but to me just gave me the feeling of more people while other clubs feel intimate. It felt like the least personal and attentive service since the lounge was so big. I also didn't care for the food, both portions, options and quality, the other spreads at other club lounges were way better. It just didn't feel special to me and we were celebrating a special occasion so it felt lacking.

The lounge itself though is cool because of the reasons stated above. It is huge and has two stories so you really feel invited to hang out there throughout the day (I often saw guests bring a book and just chill in the lounge for hours even during non-snack hours while other lounges it seems like people only go for the snacks since the space is limited/smaller. The huge windows also provides stunning view of MK and seven seas and you can watch the fireworks (although i'd recommend watching from the beach).

Marianm

Original Poster
I have only stayed CL at the Contemporary so I cannot speak for any other resort.
My question to you though is what were you unimpressed with exactly?
We had extremely limited interactions with the CM's up there as we just really didn't need anything.
They were always pleasant though and we did see them interact and help other guests in a positive way.
Our main reason for staying CL was for the lounge and we were surprisingly able to get a TON of use out of it.
We had breakfast for 4 days, got Contempo Cafe QS one day and went up there to eat it so we had a quiet place to relax and didn't have to purchase a drink to go with our meal, ate 3 amazing dinners, and 3 nights of desserts and drinks.
We were quite satisfied with our overall experience in CL.
We usually stay at contemporary and I want to try their club level but I couldn’t find availability. We just stayed one night CL AKL last trip and I just didn’t find it impressive. Neither did my husband. Didn’t like the food, encountered more than one rude staff members, and I just wasn’t impressed. I have family that always stay CL at the GF and they rave about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom