Poly room requests

yedliW

Original Poster
We've never stayed at the Poly, but will be in March. We have a week scheduled for a lakeview studio. What kinds of options for room requests will we have when the online check in window opens up, and what do you recommend?

Looking forward to the trip! :)

lostpro9het

We've never stayed at the Poly, but will be in March. We have a week scheduled for a lakeview studio. What kinds of options for room requests will we have when the online check in window opens up, and what do you recommend?

It seems like over the last three visits to Poly the options have changed for what you get to choose during online check-in. I believe the options now are upper floor, lower floor, and near elevator. Our last two visits, when actually checking in, we were asked if we had a preferred house and we always requested Tokelau. This longhouse is convenient to the pool and lobby PLUS if you request a room facing the pool, at check-in, there is a 40ish% chance you will get a room with a partial view of the Lagoon and MK. Our preferred recipe is top floor facing the pool in Tokelau and are two for two with a partial MK view, the third visit was just ridiculous!

correcaminos

Just request upper floor. While we had first floor lake view and were at the end so an unobstructed view of MK (Space Mt. was in our view since we were far down) not all first floor views are the best. 2nd or 3rd floor will have better views.

No other longhouse has lake views. It's personally my favorite long house lake view or not anyway :)

It seems like over the last three visits to Poly the options have changed for what you get to choose during online check-in. I believe the options now are upper floor, lower floor, and near elevator. Our last two visits, when actually checking in, we were asked if we had a preferred house and we always requested Tokelau. This longhouse is convenient to the pool and lobby PLUS if you request a room facing the pool, at check-in, there is a 40ish% chance you will get a room with a partial view of the Lagoon and MK. Our preferred recipe is top floor facing the pool in Tokelau and are two for two with a partial MK view, the third visit was just ridiculous!
OP has a lake view though. And truthfully not sure how you get a 40% chance of partial view with Tokelau. It'd say it would be less than that since the further down you are the less likely you will see it.

nickys

Premium Member

Don't forget you can phone MS and make your request. That way you can explain what you want rather than just selecting from the limited drop-down options.

JaxFLBear

Don't forget you can phone MS and make your request. That way you can explain what you want rather than just selecting from the limited drop-down options.
Room requests during online check in have been blank for many people for several months (or longer) for many people (including me).

nickys

Premium Member
Room requests during online check in have been blank for many people for several months (or longer) for many people (including me).

Oh I remember reading about that issue a while back. Still not fixed then? Just as well MS can add them ;)

yedliW

Original Poster

Yea.. they were blank.. I thought I just wasn't close enough to the check in to be able to pick yet..

On an unrelated note.. It won't let me customize my MB either.. This trip is a rescheduled trip that was moved because of Irma, I wonder if they are just saying use the ones we already sent.. the thing is.. now we are bringing 2 more people than what was on our original itinerary.. the 2 new people aren't super tech savvy.. so they haven't tried yet..

JaxFLBear

Yea.. they were blank.. I thought I just wasn't close enough to the check in to be able to pick yet..
Definitely an IT issue. If you can complete online check-in, the room request options should be available.

On an unrelated note.. It won't let me customize my MB either.. This trip is a rescheduled trip that was moved because of Irma, I wonder if they are just saying use the ones we already sent.. the thing is.. now we are bringing 2 more people than what was on our original itinerary.. the 2 new people aren't super tech savvy.. so they haven't tried yet..
You will probably need to call Disney on this. Something is mismatched and they should be able to get the customization option to appear for the MBs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do not wait for online check in to make requests. Do it when you make your reservation or call the reservation center and have them added if you are already booked.

The requests available online are limited, if they are available at all.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

About the magic bands. You did go into the magic bands page, not just the tickets one? You can see you have tickets linked, but there is a separate page to customise the bands, which some people miss.

yedliW

Original Poster
About the magic bands. You did go into the magic bands page, not just the tickets one? You can see you have tickets linked, but there is a separate page to customise the bands, which some people miss.

On the tickets page.. it says 'We are unable to display your MagicBand order details at this time.'

nickys

Premium Member
On the tickets page.. it says 'We are unable to display your MagicBand order details at this time.'

Not the Reservations and Tickets page, further down on the options there's a specific Magic Bands and Cards option.

So click on My Disney Experience from the WDW site and you see:

(Your profile pic)
Reservations and Tickets
FastPass+

Your Account
My profile
My family and friends list
Magicbands and cards
My wishlist

Did you try the MagicBands and Cards option under Your Account? You'll see all your current magic bands, including (hopefully) your new ones to be customised.

Last edited:

yedliW

Original Poster
Not the Reservations and Tickets page, further down on the options there's a specific Magic Bands and Cards option.

So click on My Disney Experience from the WDW site and you see:

(Your profile pic)
Reservations and Tickets
FastPass+

Your Account
My profile
My family and friends list
Magicbands and cards
My wishlist

Did you try the MagicBands and Cards option under Your Account? You'll see all your current magic bands, including (hopefully) your new ones to be customised.
The new ones (the one for this coming trip) are not on the MB page.. it shows the ones we got for the trip we were supposed to take in September.. and all the other ones from previous trips.

Pixieish

The new ones (the one for this coming trip) are not on the MB page.. it shows the ones we got for the trip we were supposed to take in September.. and all the other ones from previous trips.

Did you already get the bands for the trip that was supposed to happen in September? Because if you did receive your bands and rescheduled, those are probably the ones they're expecting you to use.

yedliW

Original Poster
Did you already get the bands for the trip that was supposed to happen in September? Because if you did receive your bands and rescheduled, those are probably the ones they're expecting you to use.

We did.. and that's fine.. My SiL who is joining us on this trip, but wasn't scheduled on the last one (who is also not very technical.. doesn't even own a computer.. just uses a tablet and phone for her internet) will need to get one. Next time I see her.. I'll have to walk her through it to see if she can get one.

Pixieish

We did.. and that's fine.. My SiL who is joining us on this trip, but wasn't scheduled on the last one (who is also not very technical.. doesn't even own a computer.. just uses a tablet and phone for her internet) will need to get one. Next time I see her.. I'll have to walk her through it to see if she can get one.

I would call or use the chat feature on the Disney website. They'll probably send you one for her.

freediverdude

For the op, you will be in the Moorea building, that is the only building with lake view rooms, and it's just one side of the building. Your only real requests would be upper floor or lower floor, or near the elevators. The first floor, most of the rooms look out at the over water bungalows. The second and third floors you see the lake and Magic Kingdom buildings over the bungalows. So a lot of people request upper floor and it's luck of the draw if you get it. Be happy though, either of those views are better than the parking lot view of the other building across the way, or the garden views.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom