Poly Refurb, Yay or Nay?

Like the new look?

• Yes, the new look is great!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, I prefer the current look.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I am not sure, will need to see in person.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I saw on another site that they have a peek at the proposed new look studios at Poly...I am NOT a fan. Way too bright and plain. The hotel rooms with Moana are more desirable than what this is. What's your thoughts?
polynesian-dvc-deluxe-studio-16-7199245-1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We'll be there in a few months, and I try not to form opinions from someone's picture. Much prefer to see it in person.

correcaminos

Was there last month. Loved it! It was not bright or bland. Not sure why pics are making it look so bright. Still the same cozy Polynesian vibe to me. The sofa may be blue, but it is more of an oceanic blue. I'm a 40 year lover of Polynesian and bought there first week it opened for sales. I'm rather critical of refurbs but this one nailed it. Excited for my next trip in March there.

I'm surprised they kept the carpet. I like the Murphy bed don't like the bathroom.

The bathroom really hadn't changed much. What change did you dislike? The shower in the half bath is still my favorite on property.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Was there last month. Loved it! It was not bright or bland. Not sure why pics are making it look so bright. Still the same cozy Polynesian vibe to me. The sofa may be blue, but it is more of an oceanic blue. I'm a 40 year lover of Polynesian and bought there first week it opened for sales. I'm rather critical of refurbs but this one nailed it. Excited for my next trip in March there.

The bathroom really hadn't changed much. What change did you dislike? The shower in the half bath is still my favorite on property.
I though the bathroom had a bit more color before. I'm glad you liked it, we are doing a split stay with there and SSR(I lobbied for BLT or Boulder Ridge) in June so I'm glad it's nice in person.

correcaminos

I though the bathroom had a bit more color before. I'm glad you liked it, we are doing a split stay with there and SSR(I lobbied for BLT or Boulder Ridge) in June so I'm glad it's nice in person.
I admittedly spend more time using the half bath and that did feel unchanged in feel. Had to use the bright make up mirror so felt cozy still. The other bathroom I use less so cannot recall tbh. Funny, my trip a few weeks ago was a PVB/SSR split stay. I loved both updates and hated SSR before.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I admittedly spend more time using the half bath and that did feel unchanged in feel. Had to use the bright make up mirror so felt cozy still. The other bathroom I use less so cannot recall tbh. Funny, my trip a few weeks ago was a PVB/SSR split stay. I loved both updates and hated SSR before.
We would not be staying at SSR if not for the update. The murphy beds help too.

Last edited:

correcaminos

We would not be staying at SSR of not for the update. The murphy beds help too.
The murphy beds are why we kept PVB for March. Just my teen and myself (delayed trip from 2020). I was solo a few weeks ago but I tested the murphy beds out - they are nice! We avoided SSR for over a decade. I was still wary due to the past for this trip but was very happy with what I saw. Great service from the management at both too. I hope you enjoy your stay at both!

Supertech65

Does anyone know if all rooms are updated?? I have the opportunity to switch from the resort side to dvc which would be more ideal but only if I can get the murphy bed

hiddenmickey75

We just got back a few weeks ago. We had a triple split stay for 13 nights. Stayed at AK Jambo 1 bedroom, GFV studio and Poly studio all DVC. Our favorite was easily Poly. Even over the 1 bedroom. It was so spacious and comfortable. They had the best deck chairs. Loved the room under the beds for luggage. The showers in the bathrooms had the best water pressure of any disney resort I have ever stayed at. I actually made me consider selling my GF points and buying more Poly.

correcaminos

We just got back a few weeks ago. We had a triple split stay for 13 nights. Stayed at AK Jambo 1 bedroom, GFV studio and Poly studio all DVC. Our favorite was easily Poly. Even over the 1 bedroom. It was so spacious and comfortable. They had the best deck chairs. Loved the room under the beds for luggage. The showers in the bathrooms had the best water pressure of any disney resort I have ever stayed at. I actually made me consider selling my GF points and buying more Poly.
I keep telling people that my favorite bathroom is the PVB studio layout. Sure the one is huge and could've been shrunk, but it's my favorite bathroom of all I've stayed in. We plan to go in March with just 2 of us. Looking forward to it after one night in November in the new rooms. Glad you enjoyed. Though if I had VGF I'd keep it since it's harder to book there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom